Why should I wear the Hijab?

Hijab is not only a covering but it's a shield that should cover our words and actions.being a hijabee is not Just a title but it's a clear manifestations of our faith in Allah.
Haya plays a huge role in the lives of Muslims because it is a very
important part of our Iman. If we do not have any form of haya in us then it is most likely that our iman is very
weak. For if someone really had haya they would never contradict Anything that Allah (swt) has ordained upon us.

Modesty and shyness play a special part between the affairs of the Creator and the created. All Prophets and Messengers encouraged modesty, as the Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, said.
"Indeed from the teachings of the first prophets which has reached you is, 'If you do not have shyness, then do as you please."
(Al-Bukhari)
Wearing hijab doesn't just mean you have to wear a piece of cloth over your head. There's much more to it.

"And do not make a display of yourselves like the displaying of the ignorance of long ago"
Al-Ahzaab, 33:33]
A garment which is intended to conceal a woman and her beauty from public view cannot be a thing which enhances her beauty. Therefore, the garment cannot contain bright colors, bold designs or shiny and reflective material that draw men's attention to the wearer.

Allah said "And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss"
This great verse lays emphasis a lot on modesty. As muslims, we are supposed to dress decently. Yes, sometimes we are criticized, called terrorists because of our hijabs, but that doesn't matter as long as we are on the right path and doing what our Rabb ordered us to do. I feel absolutely comfortable in my hijab knowing that i can go out completely dressed, not exposing my awrah to those people out there. Other times I am being criticized and people call me "old fashioned" because I refuse to wear tight outfits. Hijab is not a fashion statement,as it is meant to protect us, so why wear tight jeans and small tops and confuse the real meaning of hijab? There are beautiful abayas and jilbabs that you can wear and still look modest. Dear sisters in Islam, don't let these Westerners fool us. They are finding all possible things to tarnish the images of us, Muslims

As hijabis we should respect it,wearing it is not enough.we should protect ourselves from other sins too.We should wear it for only our Rabb and not for people.we should be Good MUSLIMAS..
Finally let's also remember that the best way to defend Islam is to practise it.We shouldn't just be Muslim and proud we should be Muslim and practising.We shouldn't tell them we are Muslims.We should show them that we are Muslims

Therefore dear sisters, lets wear proper hijab no matter what people say. Keep being you. Be the strong Muslim woman. Let's Hold unto our deen and In sha Allah, Allah will guide us through.
May Allah grant us hidayah