48 || Get the Party Started

Start from the beginning

"We leave tomorrow." Gamora says, and I sigh.

"I wish I could come with you," I muse. "I wish I could find my dad, since he's somewhere out there in that vast galaxy of yours."

"Then come with us." Quill says, and I turn towards him, eyes wide. Gamora shares a similar look, but filled with more anger.

"What?" We say at the same time.

"Peter-" Gamora starts.

"Come on, it would be fun." He says, grinning. "We could use the extra help, and we could help you find your dad."

"I- I have school," I say.

"I thought you were on break."

"Well, yeah, but only until September."

"So come with us for a few months."

"Peter, you can't be serious." Gamora says again, and her voice is so harsh it could sand an industrial sized piece of wood to sawdust.

"I am totally serious. You should come." Quill clearly is oblivious to Gamora's feelings about this, and I'm too shocked to even feel offended she doesn't want me to come. Not that I even really want to come anyways.

"I was just joking. You don't- I don't have to come. I can't come." I say. He frowns.

"Why not?"

"My mom would never let me. She just got okay with the idea of me being Prophet, I don't think she'd be okay with me leaving the planet." I explain.

"Well, it's pretty obvious you could protect yourself." He says. "Come on, it would be so much fun! Just for the summer."

"I..." I start, unsure of what to do. "I'll talk to my mom about it."

"Awesome!" He says. "See you tomorrow." He drags a very angry Gamora away with him.

Red hair.

Training room.

Laughter.

My head aches as another vision comes. Is someone in the training room? I look around for Wanda and Natasha - the only two Avengers who really have red hair - and spot neither, so I make my way to the training room.

The door is ajar, and I ball my hand into a fist, just in case there's something behind it that shouldn't be. I swing the door open wide, my hand still at my side, and see Natasha taking of pointe shoes in the middle of the room.

"Hey, kiddo," She says, despite the fact her back is turned to me. I shut the door quietly.

"Hey," I answer, an eyebrow raised. "What are you doing in here?"

"Ballet. It helps me when I get stressed." She explains, and I remember the conversation I had with Peter so long ago.

"She trained as a ballet dancer. You know that, right?"

"You're stressed? It's a party, Nat." I say, and she laughs, turning towards me.

"I don't always do well with big crowds of people." She says, and I nod. "So, how's Peter?"

"How's Bucky?" I answer, and she raises her eyebrows.

"How did you-"

"Not even two world class assassins could hide a relationship from a seventeen year old girl." I say with a grin, and she chuckles.

"What was it, the dancing?" She asks, and I shake my head.

"I see the way you look at him when we're on the Quinjet. Or any time anyone brings up HYDRA. It's the same way that I look at Peter." I explain, she smiles softly.

"You aren't going to tell anyone, are you?" I shake my head.

"My lips are sealed."

"What's on your mind?" She asks. Damn it, she always knows.

"Quill invited me to go with them. To space. For the summer. To find my Dad." I say, and I watch Natasha's face turn from an inquisitive look to shock.

"And?" She starts. "Are you going to go?"

"I don't know. I don't know if I could just... leave the planet for a summer. What about my mom? And Peter? And you guys?" Natasha laughs.

"We will be fine. Peter will be fine. Your mom will be fine. I know you want to find your dad, Y/N. And if you think you can do it..." She trails off.

"Do you really think I should do it?" I ask, and she gives me a soft smile, nodding.

"You can handle yourself." She says.

"Thanks, Nat." She nods, smiling.

"How did you know I was in here?" She asks after a moment. "I know you're pretty inquisitive, but still."

"A vision, actually. Red hair, the training room, laughter." I explain. Natasha gently unties her other shoe and places it on the ground next to the other one.

"Well, that all checks out, right?" She asks with a smile. "You should get back to the party. It's basically for you anyways. You did most of the day saving, anyways." I laugh.

"You don't want to come with me?" She shrugs.

"Maybe in a minute." I nod and head towards the door. "And kiddo?" She calls, and I turn towards her. "I'm really proud of you." I smile, and so does she, and then I head back to the party.

(A/N: Only two more parts of this story left! Can't believe it's almost over. Would you guys be interested in a sequel? Let me know!)