14. the least favorite

Start from the beginning

"I'm not. It just feels like ━━ I have to take care of you every single time and I know that's what we're supposed to do, to support each other but, it's exhausting to think something could happen to you if I'm not there" she already had watery eyes and her hands taking him by the waist.

His took some parts of her hair off her face. "Listen, nothing's gonna happen to me" Kate rolled her eyes and about to speak but he interrupted. "Nothing. The only reason why would happen something it's if you ever decide to waste our years together and leave me, for good." Her face went down completely when she heard him, his voice sounded completely different and serious.

"I wouldn't leave you" she responded dryly.

"I know babe, that's why I'm sure everything's gonna be great between us" he left a kiss in her nose and walked back to the balcony, sitting in the big couch, waiting for Kate to sit down next to him.

The couple now next to each other kept silent, Kate crossed her arms until she saw a magazine with tons of naked girls and she stared at Rafe. "I don't even wanna know" she forced a smile, pursing her lips, taking the magazine to throw it somewhere else.

Rafe only laughed and puts his hands on her waist, leaving kisses on her neck; trying to get far than that but a girly voice interrupted him.

"Rafe!" The couple turned their heads and Rafe took his hands from her. "This is a sweet crib. How'd you con the Glissons into letting you crash here?"

"I, uh..." he turned his head nervously to Kate who was also interested in his answer. "I didn't tell them is how, all right?" And before the Thornton one could protested he continued. "They're in sun valley all summer, so keep a lid on it, please." He excused.

"I mean, as long as you let me stay here whenever I want."

"Yeah... dad trying to kick you out too?" And Kate raised a brow, he wouldn't do that to a 13 year old right?

"Wait, is he doing it to you too Wheezie?"

The younger girl sighs. "No, he's doing worse. I'm officially the least favorite daughter" she sits in front of Kate.

"Huh, welcome to the club. You're not alone in this" Kate throws herself back in the seat and crosses her legs, making Rafe resting his hand on her knee.

"Funny right? All three of us, but yeah, Sarah and dad are going to the bahamas and did they invite me? Nope." Kate felt kinda bad for Wheezie, she is too young to experience that feeling, the one where your own family ignore you and make you think you don't exist and don't deserve love.

The blonde girl instantly felt Rafe's body tensing, his hand in her knees tighten a little bit and he looks at her as 'can you believe it?' look.

"Wait. They're ━━ they're going to the Bahama house? In summer?"

"Yeah. I mean, according to Rose, it's 'business'" nah, it has to be something else why they're going.

The couple instantly look at each other, knowing it could be mean something else. Maybe about the gold. "I mean, they're all up in some new development, and for some super-secret reason, they're going to the Bahamas."

"You know, I know about like, a billion times more about the business than she does. What━━ what is this?" He gets up from his seat causing for Kate to chew her inside cheek.

"Ugh, we're the black sheep. Get used to it, Rafe. You should know about that more, I mean, I just noticed it but you've been feeling it since the day Sarah was born, besides there's the fact that Kate is also the least favorite, you know, mommy issues... baaa!" Ouch, hurtful but it was true, Kate can't even remember her mom telling her how much he loves her or something that a regular mom would do.