I.

You've been searching for a place to stay for a few hours now, starting to get a little worried, since no one was looking for roommate anymore.

You used to live with your parents, but since they moved to another state, you had to find a place to stay. Since you helped them moving during summer break and completely forgot to fill the housing forms.

Meanwhile, Trafalgar Law, a friend of your friend, was also looking for a place to stay. The landlord asked for the apartment back as soon as possible.

His previous roommate, Rosinante, got expelled because of some confusion at the chemistry lab. The guy was very clumsy. So him and a bunch of chemicals would be a bad combination.

ꟷ Hey, (Y/N), are you still looking for a place to stay? ꟷ your friend, Nami, asked. ꟷ If it helps, Luffy mentioned something about Law needing someone to share an apartment with. You should go talk to him.

ꟷ Law? I don't know... ꟷ you hesitated. ꟷ He doesn't seem too friendly. I mean, he barely talks to us. I think he won't want to live with me.

ꟷ Give it a try. Don't you have to give your parents' house keys in just a few days anyway?

ꟷ You're right... I'll look for him and talk about it. Thank you, Nami.

It didn't take you long to find him reading a book in the library. You felt reluctant at first, how would you approach him? He was closer with Luffy, who was one of your best friends. But Law never made effort to try and talk to you.

ꟷ Hm, hey... ꟷ you said, sitting on a chair in front of him. ꟷ I'm sorry to bother you. But Nami said you were looking for a place to stay, and someone to share a place with?

He nodded, closing his book. Taking a glance at the cover, it was some medical book.

ꟷ I'm looking for a place to stay too. If you're still looking, and if you want, of course... We can share a place.

ꟷ If you're as loud and messy as Luffy, I'll have to decline. Sorry, (Y/N)-ya. ꟷ he finally looked at you.

ꟷ No, no. I'm organized, I'm quiet... I swear, you won't even notice I'm there.

He thought for a while, and sighed.

ꟷ Alright. ꟷ he paused. ꟷ I'm looking for some places already, but they're either too expensive or too far from the campus. If you can, help me to find some too. We don't have much time left.

You and him spent the next couple of hours looking for apartments or houses, until you found the perfect place. On budget, near your college... But it was too good to be true. No pets were allowed, which it was alright since neither of you had any pets.

The real problem was: the landlord made it clear that he would only rent the place for couples. Since the apartment complex had families and older couples, apparently he didn't think it'd be a good idea to rent the place to irresponsible college students. Which is understandable.

ꟷ Well, let's keep looking... We'll find something eventually. ꟷ he said, a bit defeated by now.

ꟷ Unless... ꟷ you said, getting his attention. ꟷ It's not as if he'll want to see our marriage certificate, right? So we can just pretend, he doesn't need to know the truth.

ꟷ And do you think it'll work? I mean, if he lives near or the neighbors tell him, he'll kick us out. And he won't be wrong.

ꟷ We just pretend in front of our neighbors, it can't be that hard. We just have to call each other cute nicknames, and that's it.

ꟷ I can't believe I'm agreeing with that...

You contacted the landlord, setting an interview for the next morning already.