Chapter 4

Rex POV

I was a soldier. I was raised as one, trained to become one and brought to life to be one. Intimacy is not something we clones experience and it felt foreign to have someone else so close to me. Especiallz when the person who is snuggling into your chest is a fierce warrior. I have seen this young girl fight and she was deadlz if she wanted to. But right now, she was vulnerable and she let me see that. Even though it was just an order and she just did this due to her state, I still felt honored. She trusted me. She was finally resting in peace. I had to watch her and was not so calm. Mz weapon always in arms reach to protect the commanders sleeping form. I glaced down at her and allowed mzself a soft smile. Man, if Hardcase saw me like this, he would make sure I never forgot.

A couple hours later, the commander started to stirr a bit in her sleep. I was worried the nightmares returned and checked her breathing and pulse to make sure that she was okay, physically at least. Instead of screaming in terror, as she had done a few hours prior, she opened her ezes and grinned at mz worried face. The mieschievous look returning to her eyes she asked if I had seen a ghost. I checked the time 4.30 am. These jedi and their crazy schedules...
After getting up she told me to go and rest a bit and dismissed me. I dont think i am ready for this day.