"Yeah sounds good." he said while standing. "We should leave now. We have football practice. Mind giving me a ride?"

"Sure."

"Thanks. Later babe." he gave Tessa a forehead kiss then walked out.

Tessa gave me death glares with her arms folded. "What are you doing?"

I shrugged then walked out.

...

"Okay boys, I'm going to call out all the players who will be receiving an award from the Millersville Football Association award ceremony." he said while squinting his eyes at his checkbook.

The local football association would have a yearly award ceremony to give awards to the best players from all the different schools.

"Miles, Troy, Zach, Sebastian and Ryan congrats. The rest of you should continue practicing. You're dismissed. Miles stay back."

"Miles, the guys and I are going to The Spot. You coming?" Ryan asked.

"I'll meet you guys there." I replied then he walked off.

I walked up to coach.

"Yes sir?"

"I heard your dad's back in town. How's it going with you two?"

Not this again.

"Don't ask questions you already know the answer to sir. I know he tells you everything."

He raised his hands in surrender.

"Alright you got me. Talk to him. The poor guy left Europe for you."

"Why do you always do this? You pretend to be on my side but always defend my dad."

"Miles, I'm just trying to help."

"Well don't! Whatever happens between my dad and I isn't your problem. It's ours and right now I don't feel like fixing the problem." I shouted.

"So when are you going to fix the problem?"

"When he decides to man up and tell the truth to my mom; until then me and him have no business talking." I ended then walked away.

...

I walked into The Spot and searched for the tables where the guys were sitting.

"Over here Miles!" Troy said as he waved his hands signaling me to come.

"What was that about with coach?" he asked.

"Family stuff."

I didn't need to elaborate any further since he knew exactly what I was talking about.

"You guys bringing dates to the awards?" Ryan asked.

"That shouldn't even be a question for me." Troy said.

"I don't even know. I'm thinking of asking Amanda." Sebastian added.

Ryan turned to me next.

"What about you Miles?"

I wasn't even sure if I should ask Isabella. I mean we've only been official for one day.

"I don't know. Maybe Isabella?"

They all looked at me weirdly.

"Your work partner?" Sebastian asked.

I nodded.

"The chick with the glasses? She's hot, I would totally bang that." Ryan said then laughed.

I had already made fist. If he kept talking I would probably punch but I think Troy saw me since he kicked me under the table.

A waitress appeared at our table.

"Hi, what can I get you guys?"

"Order what you want fellas. I'm using daddy's card." Ryan said proudly showing us his father's credit card.

We all smiled and looked at each other.

"Four of everything on the menu please." Sebastian said, ordering for all of us.

The waitress looked at us disapprovingly.

"Do your job or else no tip." Sebastian said.

"Yes sir." she said then picked up our menus and rushed to the back.

"Sebastian you don't have to be such a dick." I said since the others were too afraid to say anything.

"Well she isn't the one paying for this so she has no right to judge."

He wasn't the one paying either but I decided to keep that thought to myself.

All of our food was made in less than an hour and was brought to us.

"Dig in boys."