21|Two Lovebirds

*Isabella's POV*

I rang the doorbell at the Norman's house before taking a seat to catch my breath. I took a bus that stopped as close as possible to the Norman's and walked the rest. Usually I would just call Miles or Tessa to pick me up but who knew what Miles was doing with that girl and for Tessa, I was avoiding her.

The door opened and there stood a man who was much older but the splitting image of Miles. I knew immediately that he was Miles' father. The same coloured hair but a few grey strands, the same brown eyes and the same facial structure.

"I don't want your cookies little girl. Go away." he said rather rudely.

"I'm not selling cookies. I'm here to see Miles."

He looked at me from head to toe then gave me a devious smile.

"Oh, Miles didn't tell me his girlfriend was coming over."

I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not his girlfriend. Now is he here?"

"He went to take home a girl that was here earlier. He left a while ago so he shouldn't be long. Come in and make yourself at home."

...

I accepted Mr. Norman's offer and he went back to his office. I sat at my favorite spot in the house, the living room. I tried distracting myself by looking at the centerpiece but my mind kept going back on that one thing.

Miles and her.

I kept telling myself there was no reason for me to be jealous but that didn't stop me from feeling it.

Before I could think anymore the door opened. It was Miles and when his eyes landed on mine they widened.

"What are you doing here? It's still early." he said with a raised eyebrow.

"I left home early because I had catch the bus and walk. I guess I misjudged how long I would take."

"You could've just asked me for a ride like usual." he said but I stayed quiet and looked away.

He stood at the door and watched me, even tilting his head a little before saying another word. He looked down at his messy clothes then looked back to me.

"I'm going to change. You can start without me." I said before running up the stairs.

...

While we worked, I practically stayed quiet unless he asked me a question I would give a short answer to.

"Okay, what's wrong with you?" he asked while putting down his pen.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb. You know exactly what I'm taking about. From ever since I came you've barely said a word. Did my dad do something? If he did I'm going to punch the sh-"

"He didn't!" I shouted to stop him from carrying on.

"Then speak up nerd. You know I don't like when you keep stuff from me."

"I guess it's fine when you do it then." I mumbled softly under my breath but not soft as I had figured because he heard me.

"What? What are you talking about?"

I stayed quiet because the last thing I wanted was him thinking I'm jealous because I wasn't.

"That girl from today."

"Who, Katelyn? We were like friends with benefits. I hadn't seen her in months." he explained.

"So you guys didn't hook up just a while ago?"

"Hell yeah. We did it everywhere. At school, in my car, at her house, at mine, even on that exact chair you're sitting on."

I didn't know what I expected him to say but it wasn't this. I froze. It felt like a million knife blades stabbed me into the chest.

Miles erupted into laughter. I looked at him confused.

"You should've seen your face. Relax nerd, if I were hoeing around again I would at lease tell you. As I said before, I don't play with feelings."

I let out a long awaited breath that I hadn't even realized I was holding. A smile quickly appeared on my face.

"You're the worst." I said and he shrugged.

"I don't get it." I continued.

"Get what?"

"What are we?"

I mean we had to have this talk at some point and I  think the sooner we talk about it the better.

"Not into the whole labels thing." he said calmly which was difficult for me because I needed labels. I needed to know where we stood.

"Well I do."

He sighed then rested his chin on top of of his intertwined fingers.

"Fine, if you really need a label, you can say that we're 'dating'."

My eyes widened.

"Really!?"

He nodded.

"So does this mean I can do this," I walked over to him and pressed my lips against his then pulled back. His lips longed for more. "anytime I want?"

He looked at me dumbfounded. His mouth still opened from our quick but passionate kiss.

"Earth to Miles." I said as I waved my hand in front of his stock-still eyes.

"You can do that anytime you want." he said, pecking my lips. "The guys are going to bullied you, you know?"

"For?" I asked, not comprehending.

"For being stupid to get into a relationship with me."

I chuckled. "Well, I'm up for the challenge."

"Are you going to tell Tessa?" he asked.

My smile quickly faded. "I don't know. She's wasn't exactly too keen about me liking you so I'm kind of avoiding her."

"I'll tell her." he said.

"What?"

"I had to talk to her about something anyways."

I wondered why he wanted to talk to her because they weren't exactly the best of friends.

"Thank you." I whispered to him then gave him a big hug.

Miles wasn't a fan of hugging but he seemed to make an exception for me since he hugged me back.

"If you ever need a replacement for a new bestfriend, I'm also up for the challenge." he said and we both laughed.

"Took you guys long enough." a familiar voice said. When we looked it was Mrs. Norman dressed in a powerful all white pantsuit.

"Mom!" Miles shouted.

"I'm sorry, Milestone." she said with a cheeky grin.

"Mom, you know I hate when you call me that."

"If it wasn't for your dad, that would be your name. I have some paperwork to do so see you two lovebirds later." she said then hugged us both.

I always adored Mrs. Norman. She was the opposite of my mom. She would always make an effort to be at home with her family while it would be a rare sight to see my mom twice in one week.

Miles wrapped one arm around me with his phone in the other as he sat next to me on the couch.

"Hey nerd." he whispered into my ears.

"Yeah?"

"I think I like you."

"I think I like you too."

Miles ApartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara