chapter 2

Hey guys! I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of the support on this story. It means so much to me. 
Okay, now enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Meredith's POV)

The surgery was scheduled for after my lunch break which meant that I would be able to meet up with Derek and my friends. Weird thing was I still felt nauseous and my stomach hurt but I brushed it off because it was probably just a bug. 

I finished up some charts and it was around 12 p.m so I decided to head down to the cafeteria. Izzie, Alex, and George were already sitting down talking and then Cristina joined them with her food. I then saw Derek talking to a co-worker and decided to say hi.

"Hey Derek, how are you?", I asked. "I'm good, great even, now that I'm talking to you.", Derek breathed. He is so dorky, but so cute. That's why I love him. My McDreamy. "How are you feeling?" "I'm fine, stop worrying." "I would stop worrying but you don't look fine. You look beautiful but you don't look fine." "Derek, I promise I am fine and I will continue to be fine. I'm going to go catch up my friends. See you later?" "See you." Derek kissed my cheek then went into the hospital and I walked up to my fellow interns.

"Hey guys, room for one more?", I asked smiling. "Of course! Sit down Mer!", George replied. "We are about to do a hot dog eating contest. Wanna join?", Cristina asked while pouring water onto the hot dogs. "Uh, I don't know.", I said because my stomach still felt weird. I grabbed a salad and planned on just eating that hoping that it would calm my stomach. "Aw, come on Grey. Scared of a little competition?", Alex said laughing. "Alex..", Izzie said annoyed. "You know what? Screw it. Hand me some.", I said giving in. "Alright!!", everyone at the table said. Izzie was going to time it. "Okay, in 3. 2. 1. Eat!", Izzie yelled.

Everyone started scarfing down hotdogs easily. I could only get two bites in before feeling full which was weird because I usually have a big appetite. I looked up to see George, Cristina, and Alex almost done with their hot dogs while I only finished 1 and a half. Then I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and winced but everyone was too busy eating or on Izzie's side watching everyone eat to notice. 

"Cristina is in the lead! Alex and George are not too far behind though! And Mer, she's not doing very well.", Izzie said commenting on the competition taking place. Everyone was laughing and having a good time but by now I was in pain, nauseous, and felt very bloated. I tried to eat more but I just couldn't. I was in my thoughts until I was quickly pulled out of them by Cristina yelling, "Done! I beat you losers!" "Aw, you cheated by pouring water on them.", George said eating the last hot dog. "Think smarter, not harder.", Cristina remarked. "I want a rematch.", Alex said standing up. "Ah, ah, ah evil spawn. You are a loserrrr.", Cristina laughed. "Okay, well we have a winner! Cristina Yang! You win.... bragging rights and 20 dollars from all of your competitors.", Izzie mused. 

I tried to laugh and join in on the conversation but every time I tried to, I felt sick rising in my throat. I quickly swallowed water so I could get a quick word out. "Yea um, you're not getting 20 dollars Cris. Sorry not sorry.", I spat out. "Whatever, I'll get it somehow.", Cristina remarked. Everyone went back to talking about their surgeries and then I remembered about my liver transplant. "Hey guys, I forgot I had a liver but I'll see you later.", I said and ran to find Bailey.

I found her at the nurse's station reviewing charts. "Ah, Grey. I was just about to page you. Ready for the transplant?", Bailey asked. "Yes, Dr. Bailey. Ready when you are.", I replied feeling a little more nauseous than before. "Okay, prep the patient and then meet me in the scrub room."

Before I went to the patient, I went to the supply closet and found an anti-nausea pill. I needed something so that this feeling and the pain would go away so that I could actually do my job. I swallowed the pill dry and went to the patient. "Okay, hi Mr. Jacobs. I am Dr. Grey and I will be prepping you for your surgery.", I said calmly. "I'm going to be ok right?", Mr. Jacobs asked. "You are in good hands." And with that, I brought the patient to the O.R and headed into the scrub room where Bailey was already washing her hands and arms.