Chapter twenty three

Start from the beginning

When  I got to the hostel,I announced to Sonia I was back before pushing the door open. I found her on the same spot of her bed reading her novel the way I had left her. I wondered if she even felt any numbness on her body for holding onto one position for long.Did I tell you she wears glasses,she just looked at me through her glasses and resumed reading her book. I didn't care though, I went to charge my phone then I headed to the bathroom after putting on my bathrobe and picking my undergarment  together with my pajamas.Well,am used to having my privacy and I was not going to dress myself infront of Sonia.

I didn't care at the moment what she would think.Fifteen minutes later, I was all done and ready for bed. I kept my dirty clothes away then I got under my blanket to my bed to sleep.At least Sonia and I had everything separate, from the bed to the closet.The only thing we will have to share is the bathroom and the toilet, am not complaining,as long as she and I keep it clean we wouldn't have trouble.

I know tomorrow is a weekend,but I have to wake up early to do my laundry and arrange my books for Monday's class. I removed my phone from the charger so I could set my Alarm, I was planning to be up by 6:30am.BJ told me he would pick me up on Saturday by noon,I didn't know his plans for tomorrow but I agreed because am dying to see him again.

I prayed then I laid my head on the pillow to try and sleep.Sonia was still reading,so I left the lights so she could turn in off when she is done reading.

************************************
The next morning I woke up after my alarm went off, Sonia was still sleeping. I guess she's a heavy sleeper because she didn't hear my alarm.After spreading my bed neatly, I headed to the bathroom to take a quick warm shower.

I had few clothes to clean, after putting on a pair of knee length denim skirt and a red top,I grabbed my laundry basket and headed to the basement behind the hostel where laundry is done. I didn't know there was washing machine to make my work easier.Neither did I want to embarrass myself because I haven't used it before.

Thanks God it wasn't optional using the washing machine. I fetched the packets with tap water and started washing my clothes. The washing wouldn't take much of my time because my clothes weren't much. I used the shortest time possible until I hanged it on the hanging line.The sun had begun rising and I bet my clothes would dry easily.

When I was done I headed back to my room,or rather the room I shared with Sonia.Time flew quickly,it was thirty minutes past eight o'clock and Sonia was still asleep.Anyways, it's a weekend and she can sleep as long as she wants. I grabbed my hoodie and wore it since it was still cold outside. I put on my sandals then I grabbed my phone so I could head to the cafeteria to get breakfast because I was angry.

After grabbing sandwich and tea,I took a table by the window.There weren't alot of people in the cafeteria, I guess most of them were still sleeping because it's a weekend. I fished out my phone to text BJ.He hadn't call or texted me since last night when we talked on phone. I just hope he doing fine,I decided to be text him even if means waking him up with my text messages.

Me:good morning boyfriend,I hope you slept well because I did.

I took a bite of my sandwich as I took a sip of my tea waiting for BJ to text back. I really wanted to call him and hear is sweet melodic voice but I couldn't, because I didn't want  the people few metres from my table eavesdropping on my conversation.

I just wish BJ could come early and pick me up because I was getting really bored and I didn't want Sonia's bad energy on me.

I wonder what is taking BJ so long to reply to my message.Most probably he is still asleep. I dialed my mum's number so I could talk to her.It feels like I haven't talked to her for ages and it's only yesterday when she and grandma brought me to campus.

Today is a Saturday and she wouldn't be going to work.She picked picked her phone after two rings,I was glad to hear her voice and I'd be lying if I say I don't miss her.It only yesterday we parted but it feels like a year. I guess am so grown into her and grandma now. I felt happier because mum sounded happy on phone. I decided to ask her about grandma because she was heading back to pinneapple today.

Mum how is grandma doing? I asked mum on the phone.

"Sweetheart, you grandma is doing just fine and she's listening to you now because you are on speaker."

Grandma how are you today? I really miss you both.

"Oh my darling, we missed you too and am doing great."

Well, grandma I Know nothing I say would change your mind but I hope you will take care of yourself for us since you have refused to stay with mum.

"Annabelle dear, don't worry about your grandma because she's gonna be okay. Besides remember you left your pet Sam for me I'll be okay."

It's okay grandma, take of Sam for me I promise you that, mum and I would visit you in pineapple whenever we get time grandma, right mum?

"Of course sweetheart that's a great idea, have you had breakfast."

Yes mum,am taking it now what you both.

"We about to before you called, I hope you are taking care of yourself Annabelle."

Yes mummy don't worry, am doing great so far and I be calling everyday so you wouldn't worry too much.

"That's great sweetheart, have a great time,we need to hurry up so your grandma wouldn't be late to catch a bus heading for pineapple."

It's okay mum, you should help grandma so she would get to pinneapple early.

"I hope you don't mind sweetheart, let me get off the phone now."

No problem mum, grandma I hope you know I will really miss you so much, please take care of yourself when you get to pinneapple and don't overload yourself with work.

"I'll just do that granddaughter, you on the other hand should study hard so you would achieve your dreams and make yourself and us proud."

Okay grandma I will, take care and goodbye,I will inquire from mum later if you got home safe.

"It's okay darling, your mum says bye, she's in the kitchen serving us breakfast."

Okay grandma goodbye.

I got off the phone then I wiped my tears away.Talking with mum and grandma made me realize how much I miss their company. I started feeling homesick,I decided to finish my breakfast so I would head back to the hostel.

I shoved the cup of tea I used in the bin then I headed out of the cafeteria for the hostel. I heard my phone buzz when I was a few metres away from the cafeteria. I got a message from BJ and I was thrilled.
BJ: good morning girlfriend,am doing great and I just woke up.

Me: you really like sleeping honey, you should freshen up and come get me because am bored.

BJ:is that so, because am dying to see you love.

Me: let me head to the hostel to wait for you.

BJ:No!no!just give me five minutes I'll be there.

Me: okay, I'll wait for you outside the campus gate.

BJ: That would be great Anna, just wait don't move.

I signed out at the gate with the security guard before heading out of the gate to wait for BJ.