"Ahum, I think I might be able to help you with that Father Azrael," Father Daniels finally butted in. He glanced at the Bishop as if he was mentally asking for his permission. Bishop Elliot nodded promptly with a grave expression on his face.

"I have been in almost all demon exorcisms here Father, as you may know," Father Daniels continued. He eyed the standing priest and gestured for him to sit down. The latter however declined.

"Go on," Father Azrael ordered.

Shifting slightly in his seat, he started again.

"In my exorcisms, I have noticed these demons uttering the same thing. It could be just a mumble, or just a simple word, or maybe a sentence, I don't know. I don't understand demon language — well, if they do have one."  He calmed his nerves by clasping his hands together against his protruding belly, and then looked grimly at Father Azrael again. "I have heard it again yesterday actually, before you exorcised the banshee. I do know you heard it too, but knowing it was your first time yesterday on exorcising in this place, I thought that it might mean nothing to you, but I do think that it has something to do with the frequent possessions here."

Father Azrael was all ears with the telling. If he could feel an emotion now, it would be anger. Pure anger directed to the demons that plagued this place. Father Daniels was all accurate with his theory, but he most certainly doesn't know of a few truths.

One. The banshee was the only demon that possessed the girl, but Father Daniels had no idea there was a second demon that appeared during the exorcism. Father Azrael was the only one who could see and hear it.

Two. He clearly understands what the banshee had spoken. One word it was and it meant key.

Three. Demons have a language. An archaic one. And he is the only one in a handful of exorcists of the Vatican community who understands it unfortunately.

"I see." It was a poor word to suffice a chaos of words in Father Azrael's mind.  His eyes didn't leave the charity house until such time he saw a woman exit the backdoor and gracefully entered the chapel. Her glorious hair glimmered under the morning sunlight, cascading down her naked neck.

Ah. Yes.

She wasn't wearing the bothersome apparel this time, but she had one in hand. It was a shame he couldn't see that brown mark in the spot where he stood. Such a shame it was. Truly a disadvantage.

"Bishop Elliot does think so too, Father," Father Daniels continued, successfully slicing Father Azrael's attention into two. He watched both of his fellow priests on their seats and saw Father Daniels looking at the Bishop with an acknowledging nod.

"Me, Father Eshamael and Father Winslard have already highlighted it in all our exorcisms here. There's got to be some connection."

"Then I will try and find it," Father Azrael abruptly said with a huff. "I will stay here until this is solved. That is what the Holy Pope had instructed me, but I feel responsible for it anyway."

"Oh, thank heavens!" Bishop Elliot expressed in delight as if his austere appearance wasn't even present a while ago. He threw his hands in the air and looked skyward, exactly in a priestly manner. "Please Father Azrael. You are our only hope!"

"It will take some time though, that is why I need to ask your help Bishop," Father Azrael stated.

"Whatever it is Father, just say the word. I am ready to help you for the sake of the people of Soren," the Bishop replied.

"I will need to investigate all of the demon possessions in the city, so I would need a chaperon with me for that. I need you to grant me access to all the records in the local city library. I also need you to grant me unbound access to the St. Therese Charity House whenever and wherever, since the house is a favorite of the demons. I might be staying there overnight to investigate during unholy hours, so I need you to inform the nuns beforehand."