12. wolf bite

═══*

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

OPHELIA'S EYES SLOWLY FLUTTERED open to see herself laying on the grass with the sun beaming in her eyes. She flipped her body over to see Elijah leaning against a tree, handing someone clothes.

"Elijah, what are we-- oh my god, I did not need to see that." Ophelia immediately covered her eyes, seeing that Klaus was naked in front of her.

"Darling, am I really that ugly to see," Klaus joked as he was putting on his clothes.

"Why are you naked again?" Before Klaus could respond, Elijah beat him to it, changing the unwieldy subject. "I believe we have a bargain, Niklaus." Confusion was written all over Ophelia's face, wondering what this bargain was.

"That's right. Now, what was it again? Oh, yeah. Wait. I remember. That's it. You wish to be reunited with our family."

"Does this mean I can meet my biological family?" Klaus and Elijah stared at the girl with slight sadness, finding it hard to see the heart of the Mikaleson's not remember how she made their family whole.

"Yes, love, you can if you wish."

༻❁༺

The trio started to walk into Klaus' apartment to hear Katherine welcome him back home. She pulled out of the corner and Stefan stood there, shocked to see that Ophelia was with the Mikalesons.

"Ophelia, oh my god, where were you?" Stefan went up to hug her which she gladly accepted.

"Don't worry, I wasn't hurt. What are you doing here?" Stefan looked at her with his sympathetic eyes but turned his attention to Klaus.

"I need your help, for my brother."

"Wait what's wrong with Damon?" Ophelia was now worried, wondering what she missed, ever since she passed out during the sacrifice.

"Well, whatever it is, it's gonna have to wait a tick. You see, I have an obligation to my brother that requires my immediate attention." Ophelia wanted to interfere, but it was no use, already knowing the experience of Klaus' stubbornness.

"You understand how important family is, or you wouldn't be here. My brother gave me his word that he would reunite me with my own."

"And so I shall." Klaus then daggered Elijah, receiving a scream from Ophelia. She tried to run towards Elijah, but Stefan held her back, calming her down as much as he could.

Although Ophelia barely knew her Elijah as a father, it still hurt her to see him in a somewhat deceased state, his skin all grey and veins running up his body.

Klaus ran up to Stefan, pinning him on the wall, making him release his grip on Ophelia. "My sweet niece, please leave and go home safely."

"No, there is no way I am leaving Stefan here with you." Klaus let go of Stefan and turned around to be face-to-face with Ophelia. He looked into her eyes and tried to compel her, but the anger in Ophelia's face was evident to Klaus that she was wearing vervain.

He scanned her body slightly to see a very intriguing locket around her neck. Klaus yanked it off and put it in his pocket.

"Now, you're going to go back home and have a good night's rest." Ophelia complied and walked out of the apartment to go to the Salvatore's.

༻❁༺

Ophelia walked into the Salvatore boarding house to be greeted by the horrifying coughs coming from Damon's room. Sprinting to the sound, Ophelia saw Elena trying to make Damon as comfortable as he could.

"Hey," Elena said. "I'll give you two some privacy."

Ophelia gave Elena a kind smile and started to sit on the edge of Damon's bed.

"Ophelia? Baby, is that you?" Usually, Ophelia's heart would have burst into a million pieces by Damon calling her 'baby', but she knew it was just the werewolf venom talking.

"Hey, Damon." Letting out a soft smile, Damon was about to talk, until the sudden urge to let out a dreadful cough interrupted him.

Ophelia now tried to pat his back, hoping it would give him some sort of comfort.

"Where were you for the last two days?"

"I was with Elijah. Klaus was supposed to take us to see his siblings, but things kinda turned the other way," Ophelia said, not wanting to go into the details.

"Mmm, sounds like a wonderful family reunion," Damon joked, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Yeah, but I'm glad I'm here with you." Ophelia noticed Damon was trying to hold back tears. She put her thumb on his chin, trying to see what was wrong.

"Damon, why are you crying?"

"I-I..." Damon could barely muster up the words to tell Ophelia the truth. "I should have confessed my feelings for you before it was too late." Tears were now running down Damon's face, creating small tear puddles on his pillow.

"No Damon, even if you didn't confess your feelings, I know you love me and I love you too. There is nobody else in the world I would ever think to be with, except for you." Out of all of the pain Damon has felt in his life, this was the cure. Ophelia's words were the key to making him happy.

"I...I love you, Ophelia."

"I love you too, Damon." His breaths started to become shallower by the second. Ophelia kissed him on the lips once more and tears were officially falling down her face.

Ophelia was about to pull the blanket to cover Damon's body, but she stopped when the voice of Katherine spoke up.

sorry if there are any typos. i edited this at 3am akdhdjd. i hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!! 🥰