Chapter 5

Sophie's POV:

It had been a week. A full week and Fitz still hadn't come back. She was going to kill him...

"Foster?" Keefe plopped down beside her, underneath the willow tree her and Fitz normally sat under. "What do you want Keefe?"

Keefe dipped his head, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have engaged in that argument with Fitz." Sophie crossed her arms, "I haven't seen him in a week Keefe, and entire week! I think he hates me..." Sophie trailed off.

"It's not your fault, it's mine. I should have refrained from flirting with you..." Keefe looked down. Sophie stayed quiet for a moment, but a question was nebbing at the back of her mind.

"Keefe, do you like me?"
______________________________________

Tam's POV:

Saying someone is good or evil, doesn't tell you anything about the person. Not really. That's why he had never understood the school system. The term evil could mean so many different things, some might interpret it refers to more controversial view points, some might say it is refers to a naughty child, or a mischief maker, and some might say it refers to a purely bad person.

So many different images come to mind when you say someone is evil, witches, murderers, warlocks, but is that really all evil is? Just because you have different ideas on how you should live your life to the so called 'good' people, does that automatically make you evil?

So far, at these dreaded schools, Biana Vacker, of all people, is the only person who understands this. That's why Tam had fallen for her; she saw the sense in his logic, ridiculed the schools, and more than anything else, she got him.

Tam wouldn't consider himself evil, just quiet, introverted and a bit gothy, but everyone saw a disloyal mischief maker in him, although he had done nothing to deserve this title.

"Tam!" Biana raced up to him at lunch, he grinned at her. The evergirl plopped down next to him with her lamb, and something that resembled herbs, lunch. She instantly took her knife and carved slices out for him, to save him from eating the same disgusting gruel yet again, although he had insisted she didn't have to. "So," Biana started as she cut, "I was thinking, we should go on a date. You know? Like Marella and Linh did." Tam looked at the beautiful girl who was refraining from looking at him, pretending to be very interested in the food, obviously nervous he wouldn't like the suggestion. "Sure, I would love that." Tam said, as nonchalantly as he could manage. Biana perked up, "Really?" She was now looking him in the eyes. "Yeah, we are dating, people who are dating generally go on dates." Biana's grin was wider than ever as she flung her arms around him, "Eeeeek! I'm glad you want to aswell."

The two had ate lunch in comfortable silence for a few minutes, before Tam asked, "Biana, the snow ball will be in a couple of months..." Biana looked at him, confused, "I'm a never. You need a Prince to pass, also, I don't want to ruin any fantasies you had about going with some handsome dark haired idiot..." Biana nodded in understanding, "Tam. I don't care about some stupid ball anymore, I'm here with you and that's all I could ask for. And, you just described yourself by the way... My handsome dark haired idiot." Biana took Tam's hand and kissed him on the cheek, Tam held her close.
______________________________________

Keefe's POV:

The question hung between them for a few moments, he opened his mouth to speak but couldn't find the words. Was he supposed to admit that he did in fact like her, or would that wreck things between her and Fitz even further?

In the end, he simply settled for, "You're my rose, Foster."

Sophie looked at him, not seeming the slightest bit relieved, if anything she looked, disappointed.