5. Lights

5. Lights

Mark climbed on top of him in bed that night, placing kisses along his jaw like Scott was his only lifeline.

Scott was drained. He wasn't sure if he had a single calorie left to burn, having expended all of his energy at the video shoot today. But he could feel Mark's body reacting to him already, and he was determined to make sure that whatever spark had ignited in his fiancé stuck around, this time.

Scott flipped Mark over onto his back, and Mark moaned in approval. Scott reached for the lamp on the end table, but his arm was halted in its tracks.

"Don't. I wanna see you," Mark said, his voice dripping with lust.

You can either protest, and cause a fight, or you can just suck it up and make love to your fiancé the way that he wants it.

Mark took the opportunity of Scott's conflicted thoughts to roll him over onto his back again, hovering over him with a hungry look in his eyes.

He hadn't seen that look in so long. Not with this intensity, anyway.

So he bit his tongue as Mark ripped both of their shirts off, reaching for Scott's shorts, next. Scott waited on bated breath for Mark to detach their lips for long enough to see him, sprawled out and... imperfect.

Hopefully, at least he would see that he was trying.

Mark pulled at his shorts and underwear in one motion, and his lips began to explore the newly exposed flesh of his shoulders and collarbones.

Scott wasn't sure if his heart was going to explode in his chest, he was so nervous.

Internally, he almost wanted to laugh. They had been intimate for years, and here he was, acting like it was the first time.

Marks lips traveled lower and lower down his torso, and paused, just as they skated over his hip bone.

"Fuck," Mark whispered.

"What's the matter?" Scott asked, fighting the urge to push Mark off and cover himself.

Mark's brown eyes locked with his as his hands gripped his hips. Mark bit down softly on his hipbone, teasingly.

"Nothing's the matter. You're so fucking beautiful. I'd forgotten because you haven't let me see you like this in so long." His voice dripped with how turned on he was. Gravelly, like he might faint. "I'm so fucking obsessed with you," Mark continued, running his hands up and down Scott's sides as he returned to his job of planting kisses everywhere that he could.

Scott could feel the blush creep across his cheeks. A year ago, he would have eaten a compliment like that up, but here he was, questioning its validity.

At least his body was reacting to the compliments, and Mark hummed in appreciation before taking him into his mouth.

"Marky, no," Scott muttered after a few minutes. Mark released him with wide, concerned eyes.

Scott leaned forward, bringing Mark back up towards him and flipping him onto his back. "Didn't want to finish that way," Scott nearly growled, making a point to throw Mark around a bit more harshly than usual.

He had to prove, after all, that he didn't have to be a fat sack of shit in order to "throw Mark around a bit."

Judging by the look in Mark's eyes, the message was read loud and clear.

He awoke on his back, with Mark pressed up against him, their legs tangled with one another. The blanket had pooled around their hips, and Scott's eye was drawn to where Mark rested his arm against Scott's abdomen.