ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

"Huh? Is it?" I scratch the top of my head with a finger. "Sorry, Jude."

Juno forces a tight smile on her face as she repeats, "It's Juno, (Y/n) of the Dark Shadows."

"Is that so, Judo?"

Opening her mouth once more to correct me, the young Demon maid freezes when she finally realises why I keep mispronouncing her name.

She licks her lips before saying slowly, "Yes, Lady (Y/n)."

Finally. "Apologies, Juno."

The fake smile on her face suddenly turns into a real one and I can't help but smile as well.

"Prince Zeldris," the other maid speaks up shyly, "the Ten Commandments are awaiting your arrival at the throne room."

Said Prince lets out a string of curses under his breath as he swiftly jumps off the bed.

He must have forgotten about the meeting he was meant to have with them about their final decisions on the attack on the Kingdom of Liones which is to take place today.

I gently pat Zeldris on the cheek and then say, "Off you go, shorty."

"I'll be back, pretty," he murmurs as he presses a quick kiss on my forehead and then rushes out of the room with the two maids swiftly following him.

"Are you worried?" Lenora asks me once they are gone.

Slowly standing onto my feet, I then answer her, "Of course. I always worry. But I'm trying to put all of that at the back of my mind right now."

"Prince Zeldris will bring his brother back," Lenora promises as she reaches out for my hand and tightly holds onto it. "Nothing will stop him from doing this."

"I'm not so sure about that," I say quietly, furrowing my eyebrows.

When Lenora's lips part in shock, I quickly elaborate, "I know Zeldris will do his best. I have no doubt about that. However, The Seven Deadly Sins are at the Kingdom of Liones along with a handful of Holy Knights so I'm wondering if Zeldris and the Ten Commandments will even get to him. Zeldris himself also confirmed the fact that no one can find Elizabeth and Mel's tavern. And in the end, I don't even know who should be the one protecting my best friend's body; the Seven Deadly Sins, or the Ten Commandments. Both are terrible yet the appropriate choice."

"And the Ten Commandments will refuse to protect Prince Meliodas's body," Lenora points out.

"Which means Zel will need to obtain and hide his older brother's body by himself," I say, letting out a long sigh as I pull my hand away to rub my eyes. "Easier said than done."

"Let's not worry about that for now," my maid hums. "Why don't we instead—"

"Have you ever fought before, Lenora?" I abruptly ask, playing with the sleeves of my top.

"(Y/n)?" Lenora says my name hesitantly.

"You know, fighting like a warrior?" I elaborate.

"I have, but I prefer not to," she responds quietly.

Nodding my head at this understandable reply, I look down at my sleeves and continue to mess around with them. Two pale hands spread over my own and my gaze shoots up to be met with gorgeous blue eyes watching me carefully.

"Hey," I whisper and then grin at her.

"Are you offering to teach me, my lady?" Lenora questions.

Damn, I really can't stop her from addressing me like that, can I?