ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

Zeldris shakes his head. "Trust me, (Y/n), she doesn't see me that way."

"I still want to talk to her," I say and then poke his nose again. "Where is she?"

"She should be in the kitchens with a couple of the other maids," Zeldris answers, grabbing my finger that's poking his nose. "While you do that, I'm going to go find my brother."

I huff, "Where the hell did he disappear to anyway? He was meant to bring me my chocolates."

A soft chuckle. "No worries. I'll get you some for tonight."

━━🌹 ━━

"If you don't leave these kitchens in the next five seconds, my shadows will consume the whole lot of you," I say with a dangerous tone. "So scram while you have the chance."

Tiny shrieks and squawks fill the entire area before all of the Demon maids are rushing out.

All except for a blue-eyed Demon who stands at the far end of the kitchen with both of her pale hands clasped in front of her bosom.

It was a huge risk to reveal myself to the Demon maids but I'm quite sure the youngest son of the Demon King will make sure that they never speak of me to any of the Ten Commandments.

"Hello, my lady," Lenora says loud enough for me to hear.

As I make my way to her, I grab one of the apples from the cutting boards, throw it into the air and then catch it. Coming to a halt in front of Lenora, my (y/e/c) eyes snap to her as I take a loud bite from my apple.

"How are you feeling, my lady?" she politely asks me.

Swallowing my bite, I stay silent and just stare at her.

Right now, all I want to hear is her side of the story. Perhaps what Zeldris said earlier was true. Maybe the two of them only see one another like family. I know for sure that Zeldris doesn't like her that way but that remains to be seen for Lenora.

"Like a Red Demon sat on me," I reply coolly and then take another slow bite out of the apple.

Lenora stays quiet while I finish my apple and once I'm done, I throw the apple core into one of the bins on the other side of the kitchen without looking away from my maid.

"Believe me when I say I see Prince Zeldris like a son," she suddenly says.

I choke on my spit in shock and then shoot her an incredulous look. "Brother would make sense, but a son? I'm pretty sure you're the same age as the Commandment of Piety."

"I am much older than you think, my lady," she says, her blue eyes gleaming with affection. "Trust me."

"Your name," I whisper once I remember what she said to me while I was asleep. "What was the name your parents gave you?"

Lenora opens her mouth but nothing comes out and she stares at me helplessly.

"Alright, what about everything else?" I ask, crossing my arms. "Was everything else true?"

"I did tell the truth about my past, but I didn't give you all of the details," she admits.

"Then tell me all of them now," I demand.