Chapter 30 • Feeling

Start from the beginning

Punching the air I feel ridiculous but I don't question it, after all he knows what he's doing.

"You have a tight fist but you need more power behind it, step back on your right foot and as your swinging go on your left one okay? And for your fist always make sure your thumb is outside your fist and not in it otherwise you can break your finger." He stepped away from me while prepared to punch the bag.

Doing as he told I went back on my right foot before sending my fist into the bag.

"Not bad but bring your elbow up more before you punch, almost line it up with your ear."

Doing again as he said my fist collides with the bag again only this time my hand bounced off the bag. "Ow." I hissed in pain while clutching my hand to my chest trying to soothe the pain.

"You okay?" Rolling my wrist while stretching my fingers I nod. "Good. Try again."

The next twenty minutes was spent with Leo giving me more techniques to try and also him teaching me how to block a punch. I wasn't good but at least I could punch someone if I need to now.

I sat on the bench breathing heavily while watching Leo pack some things in his gym bag.

"Hey Leo?" He hums letting me know he's listening. "I was wondering if there was something else you could teach me maybe?"

He looks at me as if to say 'what is it?' 

"Could you teach me self defense? Like how to get away from someone dangerous maybe?" As intimidating as my brother was he was an amazing teacher when it came to this stuff.

He looks like he's thinking for a few seconds and I'm hoping he doesn't ask me why I'm asking to learn it today. Thankfully he doesn't and only nods.

"Sure. Let's start with if someone's approaching you from behind." He moves behind me and I shriek slightly as his arm comes around my neck in a chokehold. His arm isn't tight around my neck it's just resting there.

"If you are able to when someone puts you in a choke hold put your chin in the crease of they're arm and use your hands to pull down on they're arm so you can breath. However because your so small if your ever in a situation like this, which you will never be, you go for weak spots to take them out." Releasing his arm he steps away from me.

"What are the weak spots?" I question.

"If they're behind you elbow them in they're stomach and stomp on they're feet. When your able to get out of a chokehold and can face them kick them between they're legs." He smirks at me with his last sentence making me laugh slightly.

"Like this?" Pretending I'm going to kick him I lift up my leg.

"Hey! No no!" Jumping back he glares at my slightly raised foot before meeting my smiling face.

"I'm not actually going to kick you!" I say laughing.

"You better not." He gathers his bag heading for the doors to leave before turning back to me with a devilish smile on his face. "If you want to see how good you punch don't be afraid to try it on Luca."

With that he leaves. Looking around the empty gym I crack my sore fingers from being in a fist for so long.

Back in my room I feel my mood drop now that I'm by myself.

When I'm by myself there's nothing to distract me from my overbearing thoughts circling around in my head.

So I make the wise decision to wander the parts of the house I haven't explored yet, which isn't much.

I've almost explored the whole house everywhere but the third floor.

How bad I want to see what's up there.

I've tried to 'wander' closer to the stairs but I'm always found by someone whether it be my brothers or people that work for my brothers who take care of the house.

Feeling claustrophobic from my thoughts I walk until I reach the end of the property line outside.

The edge of the property is covered in trees and bushes making it so you can't see in or out so therefore I've never seen what's behind it, I'm ending that today.

I climb what I've determined to be the tallest tree I could find, until I reach the highest point I could go.

Pulling my myself up to the next branch I'm suddenly blinded by the golden rays the suns projecting onto the world as it goes down.

Sitting on the branch I stare out at the sun hiding behind the mountains I didn't know were there.

There was a hill leading out into a field full of wildflowers and overgrown grass before it turns into mountains covered in different shades of green.

It was something out of a movie. It was a picture I never thought I'd see in real life.

I close my eyes as a breeze flutters through the trees making my hair blow slightly behind me as two blue jays fly ahead of me towards the field.

Right here I feel free, like I could conquer anything and everything I desire to. It was a feeling I never thought I'd feel again.

Up this high I finally felt in control of myself. I lost control of my body to him and I never thought I'd get it back but being up here this high with the sun turning my whole face golden, I couldn't have felt more in control.

Standing on the thick branch I put one arm out to feel the breeze slide through my fingers just as it had down to my hair.

I felt alive, like I wasn't just living anymore but truly alive.

I could feel my heart beat in my chest while my blood pumps through my veins and I loved it.

This feeling I didn't know I was chasing after but I somehow found anyway.

Smiling the hardest I have in a while I let a scream slip through my mouth and travel with the wind.

And I knew this was a feeling I was never letting go of.

Hey lovelies!

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long I've just been going through a lot of emotions and haven't really been myself lately. And even thought I'm still not 100% I'm working on it. Thank you so much to all of you for being so patient with me.

This chapter was written in two parts so I'm sorry if the beginning of it might be a bit slow, I absolutely am in love with the second part because that's something that I've found for myself.

Being outside and just watching the sunset or even thinking about that and just feeling the wind makes me feel free and that's the most amazing feeling ever.

I hope you all like this chapter and have a wonderful day!