Gender Reveal- Chapter 40

Start from the beginning

"All done" Dr thrombe and Jess said in sync with each other. 

Alice removed her blindfold and saw an A4 shaped envelope with the word 'gender' written on it. 

"Your next appointment will be for June the 7th." The receptionist said.

Alice and Jess left the doctors office. 

"Well , I shall drop you off and see you tomorrow for the reveal." Said Jess as she started to drive away from the car park. 

"Ahh , I'm so excited now and nervous." Said Alice. 

" What are you, little one?" Alice asked as she stroked her bump. 

After Jess had dropped off Alice, Jess went to the local party store to grab all of the supplies she wanted and needed to make the gender reveal party the best she could. 

A few hours later, Frank was back from his rugby practice for his tournament in a few months' time. 

"Hey bubba, how's the bean?" Frank said as he took off his ruby boots and made his way to the living room where Alice was lying with Wanda. 

"Hey, I think they are good, I'm very achy and tired. I could do with some fried chicken with pickles." Alice said as she puckered her lips to ask Frank for a kiss. 

"Oh my poor baby, Mcdonalds for dinner then?" Frank asked as she grabbed his phone from his gym bag. 

"Yes please , my purse is on the counter." Alice said as there was no way she was going to move. 

"I'll go onto ubereats, I'll pay bubs. " Frank said as he picked their dinner. 

--------------Day of Gender Reveal---------

Alice had set an alarm the night before,  however Frank had turned it off as he wanted to surprise Alice with some homemade breakfast in bed. 

"Good morning bubs!" Frank said as he rubbed her back so that she would wake up peacefully. 

Alice muffled as she tried to turn her pregnant body to the side where Frank was standing with a tray full of food on it. 

"Mhh, aw thank you so much babe. I wish I could give you something in return." Alice said, sitting up. 

"No need, you're carrying our child." Frank said, leaning in and kissing Alice's forehead. 

Alice was currently sitting on her wooden stool at her dressing table. 

Frank was walking up the stairs when he heard a small whimper from their walk-in wardrobe. 

"Bubs, you ok?" Frank said as he walked in. 

Alice was crouched down on the floor with her left hand clutching furiously on to the dressing table. 

"No! I think I'm having fake contractions,  can you ask Jess please." Alice asked as she groaned at the pain. 

Frank followed Alice's orders, Jess had confirmed that Alice was currently going through a series of fake contractions.

After a good several stressful moments,  Alice and the baby had calmed down. 

Frank had received a message from his sister to say that all the guests were waiting for him and Alice to turn up.

"Bubs, let's get going!" Frank shouted. 

The dress code was to wear pink if you thought it was a girl or blue if it was a boy.

This rule did not apply to Frank, Alice and Jess.

When they got there, it was decorated beautifully.

Balloons, bunting, a cake, food, drink and signs. 

Alice immediately spotted her mum and dad and ran over to give them a hug .

"Hey princess, me and your mum believe that you are having a baby boy." Said Graham , then Frank came along and hugged her parents. 

"Reveal time!!!" Jess said at the highest pitch in her lungs. 

Alice and Frank stood a bit before a congratulations arch, Jess passed them a big balloon that had a question mark. 

3….  2…. 1…. Everyone counted down. 

Alice grabbed Frank's hand and they popped the balloon with the pin. 

Blue confetti began to fall from the balloon.

Everyone cheered and Frank leant down and kissed Alice.

Alice's face was marked by tear stains. 

She was over the moon to have found out that they were going to be having a little boy. 

"We have a son!" Frank shouted. 

Alice was amazed at the reactions of all of her friends and family. 

She was glad there first was going to be a boy and not a girl. 

Alice and Frank had already begun to collect a list of baby names. 

------Three months after the reveal----

It was a rainy but warm day. Alice had been cleaning like madness all day long. 

She was exhausted. Frank had taken this month and the next four months off to bond with Alice and his son. 

Frank knew the son's name.

He was going to be named after his grandad. 

Brad. 

Alice immediately fell in love with the name as soon as Frank had told her.

"What do you want for dinner bubs. What's Brad craving?" Frank asked.

"Hmmm, I think he is craving some sushi and tempura veggies". Alice replied as she stretched her legs before getting up off the sofa. 

"Wanda  baby!" Alice called out as it was Wanda's dinner. 

As Alice crouched down she felt a sticky wet liquid trickle down her thighs and legs. 

"Frank, come here please. " Alice demanded him.

Hey! Hope you are all well. Thank you so much for reading and enjoying my book. I love this chapter and the next following ones.