46: Goodnight

Warning! This chapter contains a sensitive topic. Specifically, mentions and talks about suicide, pill overdose, as well as deadly chronic diseases, poisoning, and yandere themes. 

________________________________________________________________________________

I close the door slowly. Once I heard the click, I let out a heavy sigh. The feeling of having to give Beomgyu up for someone I loathe entirely. It would be weird if I said I still loved him. It would also be weird if I said I loved Taehyun all at the same time.

Loving two people at the same time is weird right?

I sink down onto the floor. My mind raced with different questions. Do I actually still love him? Am I making the right decision? Would my parents approve of what I did?

Bringing my knees up to my chest, I let the tears roll down my cheeks. In the middle of the bedroom, there I cried. My heart ached at the thought of having to leave him. I heard the door creak open but I could care about it less.

"Hey.."

His voice was oddly soothing.

Taehyun..

He slowly wraps his arms around me and brings me close to his chest as he lets me sob. There was no tension in the room whatsoever. Somewhere in my head, I was told to push away. Another was basically begging to let him hold me. I awkwardly stayed in that position with Taehyun, letting him believe that he was consoling me. Putting my emotions in place. 

A few minutes passed before he lets go of the tight grip. "Better?" He asks with a warm smile. I return a smile before shrugging in hand off my shoulder in the nicest way possible. "Yeah, I think I'm fine now." I managed to put a forced smile on my face. Taehyun was not convinced at all. I stand up from the ground and walk to the bathroom. Surely, he won't follow me. 

Well, that's weird. 

From outside, Taehyun says, "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone to practice, alright?" He says as if I'll be doing something bad. Shaking my head with a scoff, I reply. "I'm not that irresponsible." A dry chuckle leaves my lips. There was no response from the other side of the door. I figured he had already left until the door creaks open, startling me. "Geez, I could've been changing and you wouldn't even know." 

Taehyun rolls his eyes. He stares at me, eyes travelling to the pill bottle in my hands. "It's for my headache don't worry." I reassure him. "That's because of stress." "Stress my ass, I could care less about that." 

Without thinking, Taehyun grabs the bottle of pills out of my hand. He checks the label on the bottle. "It's a Motrin." I groan in frustration. "I'm not a child, Tyun, I can read. I would know if it's something I shouldn't be taking!" "Yeah, well with your head in a bit of a clutter, anything could happen." 

I tilt my head in confusion. "You know what I mean, Hajin." He slams the bottle back on the sink. Then it hits. "Are you talking about suicide?" My voice a breathy whisper. Taehyun's head snaps my way, it would almost break. "I never said anything about- What?" His voice was just as low as mine. I could see his eyes glistening. 

"I didn't mean that specifically." He lets out a sarcastic life. "You're thinking I'll overdose myself." I laugh at the thought. Taehyun's eyes widens at my statement. He immediately shakes his head in a panic. "Even someone whose emotions are not a mess can overdose themselves." Another statement follows. Taehyun leans against the wall, eyes fixated on the floor. There was silence. 

Ear piercing silence. 

"Don't you trust me?"

"I do! I do trust you! It's just that.. With your situation right now-"