Chapter 1: Can I Trust Her?

[Story starts after the heroes defeated the pope and Naofumi woke up in the medical room. The Queen asked him to come with her and began her explainition. Yes, it's from the episode but with my little spin on it.]

An injured Naofumi stood at the balcony. His wandered eyes were staring at the incredible view. The city indeed looked so peaceful at this time of he day. However, he couldn't fully enjoy it as he was focusing on the Queen as she was explaining the current situation to him.

"Please allow me to make this right." She volunteered.

"How?" Was all Naofumi could say to her kind gesture.

She finally lets him in on a little (actually big) secret of hers. Her secret to bring justice to Malromarc. The boy remained stunned after hearing her proposal.

"Aside from myself, you are the only one who knows about this." She concluded.

"Are you serious? They're your family. Your husband and daughter." He tried to confirm if he heard her right.

"Their sins are too great for even the Queen to save them. This is Malromarc's no- it's my way of making things right." She confessed.

Naofumi remained puzzled. His curiosity of how someone could do this to their family still remained. However, it was getting late. The sun had set and the moon came out. It was time to hit the bed and rest up for tomorrow. Still in bandages, the hero tried to fall asleep though his mind kept him awake all night.

'Is she really going to do this? Is this a trick? It has to be. But-she did ask her medical team to take care of me and to tend to my wounds. Ever since I used 'Blood Sacrifice' my body feels weak. It's only because of her, that I'm still alive. But why would she ever tell me her plan? Oh God. If something happened to me, what will become of Raphtalia and Filo? Stop it Naofumi! Get some rest. You'll have a whole day to think tomorrow.'  He thought to himself.

But little did he know, he was so engulfed in his thoughts that the night had already came to an end. The following day, he quickly got dressed and headed towards the throne room. On his way there, he met the other three heros who warmly greeted him.

"Good to finally see you on your feet. Guess that skill didn't take much of you, huh?" Ren congratulated.

"Believe me, my mind is still a wreck." He replied almost in a joking manner.

As the heros finally entered the room, they noticed that the Queen was already seated there. The guards were in there usual positions. Princess Melty stood alongside her Mother. For a second, something felt off. As if something was missing. Itsuki finally remembered that the King was no where in sight. Motoyasu hurriedly joined him by noticing Malty's absence as well.

One look from the Queen followed by her words to 'bring them in' and suddenly the large doors behind the heroes opened. As they wondered who it might be, they find the missing royalties in chains and surrounded with guards.

"My Queen, what is making you do this? It's the Shield Hero's doing, isn't it? He has used his mind control power on you." The King yelled out.

Annoyed from all the fake accusations he bestowed upon the hero, the Queen trapped him in an iceberg while clarifying that the shield hero does not possess such powers.

"Mother, you are being too cruel." Malty began.

"Enough!" The Queen yelled and gave her daughter a temporary slave crest though the other heros insisted on leaving that part out.

"It is necessary as my daughter is a pathological liar." She admitted.

The trail began. The Queen asked her daughter about every crime she has committed. From framing Naofumi, to interfering in the dual, to nearly killing her little sister, to (sort of) joining forces with the pope. Malty tried to lie her way out of it, however, the slave crest reacted just in time. A strike of pain flooded through her body each time she lied, followed by her screams.