I didn't say anything because I saw Ron staring at Krum avidly.

Professor Dumbledore, Professor Karkaroff, and Madame Maxime entered finally after all the students had settled in.

When their headmistress appeared, the pupils from Beauxbatons leapt to their feet.

A few of the Hogwarts students laughed. The Beauxbatons party appeared quite unembarrassed, however, and did not resume their seats until Madame Maxime had sat down on Dumbledore's left-hand side. Huh, they know there traditions, couldn't I have gotten my letter from Beauxbatons instead of Hogwarts?

Dumbledore remained standing, and a silence fell over the Great Hall.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghosts and — most particularly — guests," said Dumbledore, beaming around at the foreign students.

"I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable."

One of the Beauxbatons girls still clutching a muffler around her head gave what was unmistakably a derisive laugh, making my lips twitch for a second before they fell into the blank, indifferent look.

"No one's making you stay!" Hermione whispered, bristling at her, defensively.

"The tournament will be officially opened at the end of the feast," said Dumbledore. "I now invite you all to eat, drink, and make yourselves at home!"

He sat down, and I saw Karkaroff lean forward at once and engage him in conversation.

A moment later, a voice said, "Excuse me, are you wanting ze bouillabaisse?"

It was the girl from Beauxbatons who had laughed during Dumbledore's speech. She had finally removed her muffler. A long sheet of silvery-blonde hair fell almost to her waist. She had large, deep blue eyes, and very white, even teeth, she was looking at me sharply, it was obvious she didn't like me, and it could be because we couldn't be different while she had blue eyes and neat blonde hair I had forest green eyes, and messy reddish-brown hair that suited me, while she was tall and slender, I was small and cute. While she was all sharp angles, I was soft features.

Ron went purple. He stared up at her, opened his mouth to reply, but nothing came out except a faint gurgling noise.

What is she a bloody Veela?

"No, you can have it." I said smiling fakely at her , pushing the dish toward the girl.

"You 'ave finished wiz it?"

"Yeah," Ron said breathlessly. "Yeah, it was excellent."

Yes, make a more fool of yourself Ronald.

The girl picked up the dish and carried it carefully off to the Ravenclaw table. Ron was still goggling at the girl as though he had never seen one before.

"She's a veela!" he said hoarsely to Hermione and me.

"Of course she isn't!" said Hermione tartly. "I don't see anyone else gaping at her like an idiot!"

Her eyes were filled with jealousy as she looked at the girl for a moment, making my lips quirk up, this will be an interesting drama.

As the girl crossed the Hall, many boys' heads turned, and some of them seemed to have become temporarily speechless, just like Ron.

She was Veela, or she had Veela blood.

"I'm telling you, that's not a normal girl!" said Ron, leaning sideways so he could keep a clear view of her.