Chapter 3: Kenny Crab

CHAPTER 3: KENNY CRAB

   Pissed was probably an understatement.  Kenny ran out of the house like it was on fire.  His hair was almost the same tone as his face.  Bright fucking red.

   Shane hollered out in a fit of laughter. No way was Shane not going to enjoy this.  His laughter rung out and Kenny spotted us.  "I knew you two had something to do with this.  You good for nothing punks." he breathed,  as his finger shook and his face was twisted in an unpleasant scowl.

"Woah don't go blaming Roger and I for your little salon trip." Kenny with his red hair was hilarious. Now he actually fits his nickname.  Kenny crab.  Crabby attitude and the same shade of red. Shane not able to keep a straight face, laughed again.

   Not that Shane cared.  He was enjoying himself. Plus his father was one of the best Lawyers this town has.  How else do you think I'm telling this story and not in jail?

"Ronald McDonald called.  He wants his hair back!" Shane busted out in tears.  I couldn't help but laugh along him.

"You little-"

"Hey I think red suits you just fine." Shane said obviously lying through his teeth.  "If you're in the circus."

"I'm calling the cops!"

"What for? They're not going to fix your hair."

"Yeah but they'll fix you, punks!"

   Shane and I laughed all the way back to my place. I abruptly stopped laughing when my mother stopped in front of us. "What's so funny? Kenny called, I know it was you two."

"Wow mother, accusing your own son?" I acted hurt.

"Roger, I know it was you and Shane." She accused again. "Alright, alright it won't happen again." I said to get her to stop talking. Which still didn't make her stop. "That poor man, does not deserve any of that!" She put her hand on her hips.

I followed Shane up to my room. He plopped himself on my bed and hugged the pillow closing his eyes. "We got him good." He yawned, "That old doofus never knew what hit him." I laid back on the floor, with my hands behind my head. "Yeah, he really hates us."

"I'll admit the only thing that makes me happy beside burritos is watching that guy get so worked up. Hell I might even like that more."

"No way. You love burritos too much." I muffled into the air. The only noise in the house was my mother's talking on the phone apologizing to Kenny a million times, and Shane's soft snore. I sat up, pulling on a jacket. The sun was going down. But that never bothered me. I was always out, never home. Always walking the streets, and the town out past curfew.

I pulled my window open, and jumped out landing onto the grass. I walked down the road, with no one in sight. The moon was peaking behind the clouds. I kept walking until Mary's house was in view. I stood outside hesitant. I don't know what I was hesitating for. I didn't know why I was there at all.

"Here to take more carrots?" I jumped and turned to see Mary behind me.

"Uh, what?" I tried to calm down. I wasn't expectin her to be out at this hour. "No, I ate before I came."

"Then what are you doing here?"

"I'm just walking, can't sleep."

"Same. I usually go jogging at ten."

"That's dangerous though."

"Not as dangerous as eating my mother's garden."

"Touche."