III: Gymnopédie No.1

When I took two steps, I sensed the cacophony of your soul, the bumbling music of your heart

When I took two steps, I sensed the cacophony of your soul, the bumbling music of your heart. Curious; I opened my forever closed eyes allergic to vivacity, the worshipers of apathy and they fell on you. Accident or serendipity? I don't know. But all I knew is that you are the enigma to me, to the whole universe.

"So Mr. Zhan Xiao about your recent work named 'The Luscious Women' is worldly criticized and praised. 'The Luscious Women' are three women entangled with each other made in the medium of soil. Do you want to remark something special about it that the world is yet to know?"

" Well, as you can see how the girls are holding each other tightly, without feeling any shame about their nakedness. If you notice in a more precise way, you will notice that it's not just their breasts touching each other's but actually, it's their hearts. Also, all of their heads are together like three pigeons in a nest, so it defines that they are thinking the same. And about the liberty of clothes, it portrays the liberty of their soul and brevity of their heart."

"I can see that is such a beautiful portrayal. Are there any sexual connotations?"

"No comments."

"Okay, I respect that. Another question on the background of this particular sculpture, what will you say it to the people who know nothing about sculpture?"

"Haha, about that I will say even I don't know enough about it. Cause I don't know myself what it means to be enough. Still, it screams sisterhood."

"Okay. And the last question for today, and I suppose you get this question a lot too. So since all of your humanoid sculptures are females are you thinking of considering any male portrayal in future?"

"We are no Tiresias, are we? Can't predict my future either. So yeah, you got it."

"Thank you for such a wonderful interview. That concludes today's event we are glad to have you..." And it went on a blur.

Well, one may think it's tiring for sitting like this in an interview, but for me it's enjoyable. I don't feel much particular about it, and needless to say there are terrific, stupid interviews too with vague questions but that doesn't detest me to give insights about my work. I want to speak, but people won't hear. They are so busy that they forgot that time is not running, it's actually them running to void.

"That was smooth." Zenda's voice from behind startled me, but her deep voice with accents always makes me laugh for no reason.

"You liked the interview?" I asked as I sat on the comfy sofa, Zen helped me too.

"But the last question got me... you have never tried on male models. Are you thinking about doing one?"

"Hmm, We will see." I trailed off. Even I myself do not know why I never tried my hands on male models. Maybe it's just artistic preference, I haven't found anything unique in such.

"Oh, it's 4 already. Will you come with me to pick Nabi from her ballet classes?" Zen asked as she stood up getting ready to leave.

"Sure, I am sure she will be loved to see me."

............

"So finally, you're free from bandages, congratulations!" Doctor Boyce cheered in happiness, looked even happier than my mother and me at my bandage opening. However, I deadpanned with a low 'yay', but his stupid brain didn't get even it. Yeah, I know doctors aren't stupid but they are just...so direct visioned.

"It will be hard to use the hearing aids for a while, but you will get used to it eventually." The doctor said screeching the expensive pen of his notepad, I bluntly watched him doing that while mom shifted on her seat.

"Oh and visit me in next week and if anything happens in between happens, feel free to call me anytime and..."

"Hey, doc?" I peeped. And as soon as he heard my voice, he eagerly waited for my question...

"I can't play violin from now on, right?"

At that, the whole room fell on silence. I could sense my mom gasped under her breath, while the doctor lowered his gaze. They didn't need to tell me anything soothing like a child since I am not!

"I am a goddamn twenty years old ADULT person now so you don't need me to convince with some soothing words!" I snapped at them, I saw how my mom's hand reached out for me to pat maybe and the doctor tried to say something but couldn't. After few moments, I took a deep sigh and told my mom to leave from here, the more I stay here the more I will die. But I want to live.

Despite of hearing blurry chitter chatters, and cars passing winds- the car ride was silent. I leaned on the car window as my mom was silently going through her tablet for pending works. It's understandable as it's highly possible and natural for her to not work properly these few months.

"Drop me off at the ballet house, I want to visit Rimona," I ordered. Mom knew that it's better not to go against it as it will pressure me more. So she just hummed and told the driver to the destination.

"Will you be okay?" Mom asked concerned as I slowly got off of the car. I nodded and waved back without further ado. Needless to say, she made sure I have my phone and will be calling Rimona or anyone if in distress. She won't let me die this easily.

As soon as I got into the mansion like ballet house it was pretty chattery. Little ballerinas both male and female ran around like little butterflies. I have been training in this ballet house from the age of three. Pretty old right?

"Yibo!" A shrill voice took my attention, and before I could turn back a lady almost jump on me strangled, and embraced me in a tight hug. Thinking she might hurt me she immediately retreated her hands back, her eyes concerningly hovered all over my body. And then they finally fell on my face.

Precisely on the scar.

"The scar is pretty deep and scary, right? Now don't you just dare to see me in your nightmares I will- are you crying now?"

"I-"

"If you are saying sorry, then cut that. I didn't just come here after months of rehabs and medicines and hospital only to hear apologies from you, okay Rimona."

She was about to say something but was cut off when a pair of slender hands touched my back and landed on my shoulder. I was surprised at first but even more surprised to see the surprised look on Rimona's face. I turned back and there stood a figure that can defeat even the moon's beauty.

 I turned back and there stood a figure that can defeat even the moon's beauty