The night before

Takashi komuro was currently on his bed staring up the ceiling with a look of sadness.He was having a flash back of him and rei when they were children.

"When we grow up we'll get married" said the young rei. "Really, you mean it" the young takashi said excitingly. "Of course I swear, pinkie promise" rei says with a smile. "And hope to die" said the young takashi holding his pinkie to rei. The memory of them starts to burn away and are replaced with images showing Hisashi and rei together. "Pinkie promise huh" takashi mutters bitterly .The teen suddenly hears the buzz of his phone vibrating.He sighs knowing his current girlfriend chris is calling once again and once again he will ignore it. He knows that he's being a jerk by ignoring her and lying by saying he was over his ex, but he couldn't help it and besides chris understood.

Christina walker aka chris had fair skin and light pale blue hair that was always tied in a braid. She had long bangs that covered half of her face, why the long bangs you ask? Why that's a long story and it starts when her parents died in a car crash thus leaving her an orphan at the age of ten. She was put into so many foster families and one of the worse was the drunken man named Gabe. He would often beat her when his temper went wild. He threatened to kill her if she ever tried to turn him in. Whenever he came home drunk and pissed from losing money off of gambling chris would lock herself in her room in fear would beat her half to death, but on one of those particular nights she was to slow to run to her room and he yanked her to the ground and licked his lips while starting at her with hungry eyes. "You're growing quite finely aren't you? How old are you now?" Gabe said while eyes roamed her body.Chris had only been twelve at that time but she knew what he was thinking of doing to her.Her blood started burn and rush and she used all her strength to kick Gabe right in the balls. He wailed in pain and threw his beer bottle at Chris as she tried to escape through the front door. One of the shards of the bottle managed to scrape her eye and thus start to bleed.Chris cried out in pain but was determined to escape and tried desperately to run straight through shards of glass on the floor that scratched her feet and made them bleed. Finally making it out the front door of the apartment she heard Gabe's rapid stomps coming after her.She quickly tried to make her way to the stairs or elevator but Gabe charged towards her.Chris panicked and everything started to go slow around her. She glances behind her and sees a fire extinguisher case. Suddenly she pops an idea and moves quickly to the side and watches Gabe slam into the extinguisher case breaking the glass. While he's down on the floor groaning Chris acts fast grabbing the fire extinguisher and with all her might uses it to slam it on Gabe's head multiple times while wailing and shaking. Her blood is pumping and her heart is beating so rapidly she can't hear anything else. All she sees is so much BLOOD. Than she sees a man in a police uniform rush to stop her and she let's him. Everything is going in slow motion around her and all the voices are muffled. From what she could hear the cops said that one of the neighbors heard her cries and called the cops. She was then sent to the hospital to heal her wounds. The doctors bandaged up her feet and the previous injuries Gabe left on her days before and while they bandaged her eye they said unfortunately the deep scar would never go away. Young Chris had sat silently in her hospital bed staring at her reflection in the window. The scar went straight through eye. Chris chuckled bitterly "I look like scar from lion king". She watched as the nurse nervously brought Chris her supper. Chris noticed that a lot of the nurses were skittish around her and how they whispered about how they pitied her situation and at they same time somewhat feared her from hearing how she beat her foster father with an fire extinguisher. Gabe had been sent to jail for who knows how long but Chris didn't care as long as he never came near her again. Chris found out the news of Gabe's arrest from the cop that stopped her from beating Gabe to his death. Chris can't remember what his name was only that it started with a M. The cop had been very generous towards her and would vist her often while she recovered in the hospital but she never really saw him again after she was released from the hospital and put into a group home. The home wasn't so bad there were a lot of kids and limited space but Chris was quite content since the family were nice. As she started her new school she met takashi and acquired quite a large crush on him as they continued to hang out and play together. He was so sweet and protective towards her and threatened to beat anyone up if they made fun of her scar. Unfortunately her hope of them being together was crushed when takashi told her his big news. Chris had frowned and bit her lip and put on a fake smile when takashi had told her his exciting news that he and rei were together. "That's great" she said trying to keep her voice from cracking and tears from spilling out. "Takeshi walk me home" rei exclaimed as she clung to his arm then gave chris a dirty look. "Sure.....oh wait chris do you want me to take you home?" Takashi questioned raising an eyebrow. "Of course I want you to take me home you idiot but not with that leech around you" Chris thought bitterly. "No thanks I can make it home on my own". She then walked home alone. As time passed chris saw less of takashi most of his time being preoccupied by rei. In that time Chris manged to get her own apartment and a job working at a book store. She had decided to move out when she was sixteen into her own place since her group home was to crowded and she felt like she was taking up to much space. The family understood and promised mention to authorities that she was underaged and living on her own.

One day when Chris was walking around in school she saw takashi all by himself looking depressed. She sat next to him and asked what had happened to make him this way. He then told her that rei had dumped him for his bestfriend Hisashi. Chris kept a calm and collected appearance and tried to comfort takashi but inside she wanted to beat the shit out of that sluty bitch. Chris tried to keep those violent thoughts under control but for some reason at times she just wanted to expload. She couldn't explain it, it was like there was another side of her that wished to race free let everything she's feeling jump out.

So focused on her thoughts in trying to keep her demons in she didn't notice takashi staring at her intently and slowly moving towards her lips. Her eyes widened as Takashi the guy she has been in love with for years was kissing her.

When they parted they stared at eachother "Sorry" takashi said dazed "its ok" chris says with flushed cheeks. The two looked away from eachother with flushed cheeks but still continued to sit close to eachother. Chris then looked down and saw that takashi had rested his hand on hers. She couldn't help the smile that formed on her face.

After that incident takashi and Chris started to grow close once again and even started dating. Unfortunately Chris knew takashi was still hung over rei since every time rei's presence was near takashi would space out and stare pathetically at her. Chris and takashi got in often a lot of arguments because of this but in the end she would forgive him and try to keep them together.

So here Chris was in her bedroom once again trying to contact her boyfriend who was ignoring her calls. Takashi finally answered her call. "What do you want" takashi sighed "wondering if my boyfriend is mopping about his ex again". takashi sighed again "I told you im over rei"he grumbled. "No you're not you idiot" chris frowned. Chris knew that takashi only dated her because he wanted to distract himself of rei. In his eyes she was just something to pass the time.

"Don't tell me you're starting this again Chris! You know what I dont feel like argueing about this AGAIN with you. Why do you always have to bring up rei!" He snapped at her. Chris bit her lip "Because its always been about her. You're always rei this and that and you're always mopping about how she dumped you for Hisashi!" She snapped back. Takashi grit his teeth "whatever" he grunted hanging up on her. Chris could feel the years start to well up but she forced to keep them in. "I hope one day he truly loves me like he obviously loves her" she sniffles.

She sighs and gets ready for bed thinking tomorrow it will be the same. She'll apologize to takashi and pretend to smile when rei's around and she's forced to watch her boyfriend give googly eyes at his ex and completely ignore her.

Little does she knows her whole world is about to change.

*I Own Nothing!