Chapter 4: primordial ooze

The group of four stopped running when they reached the deep part of the forest, "I think I hear water." Darius said listening to the sound of rushing water and the four then came close but suddenly Kenji and Bumpy stopped and Kenji shook his head violently making Yasmina fall to the ground and Bumpy then threw Ben off her back and the two dinosaurs fled "What was that about?" Ben asked Darius who was just as confused as he was "Maybe there's danger up ahead?" Darius suggested but the two ignored him clearly needing water, when they approached the stream Darius immediately realized why the two dinosaurs fled. There was something creepy and unsettling about this place and he couldn't tell why, "We should check if the waters safe to drink or not." Darius suggested to his friends but yet again they ignored him. However Kenji came close to the river cautiously "Kenji is something wrong?" Darius asked him and Kenji growled back a reply 'There's something suspicious in the water, I don't know what but it seems to be the reason we haven't run into any other dinosaurs.' Darius decided not to drink the water and Kenji watched as Darius pulled out a plastic water bottle and took a sip from it. However the two suddenly realized that it was quiet, to quiet and they looked over to where Yasmina and Ben were but they're weren't there. Alarmed Kenji and Darius started to call out for them but they got no response. "Where could've they gone?" Darius asked Kenji but that's when they heard the sound of a stick crunching under something and they turned around and their mouths dropped. Standing behind them was a fully grown and agitated Ankylosaurus, while it was bigger then Bumpy it only reached up to Kenji's shoulder. The Ankylosaur charged at them, mainly Darius and he rolled out of the way as the dinosaur charged at him. The Ankylosaurus then bellowed at Darius and swung it's tail at him and it hit him hard in the chest and he was sent flying into the water. "Ow." Darius grunted as he proped himself up on his elbows and he watched as the Ankylosaurus charged at him but was knocked aside by Kenji and he roared at it 'Stay away from him!!!' The Ankylosaurus roared back in reply 'You really picking a fight with me Ceratosaurus?' Kenji just flared his nostrils and the two dinosaurs charged at each other while Darius noticed an orange substance on his arm and he rubbed his arm on his shirt. Kenji dodged another one of the Ankylosaurus' tail swipes and he clamped his jaws down on it's leg, however the Ankylosaurus slammed its tail into Kenji's back and he released the Ankylosaurus from his jaws and he roared at it but before he could do anything Bumpy got between the two and she bellowed at the Ankylosaurus along side Kenji and the Ankylosaurus fled from the river. "Where's- Where's Ben and Yasmina." Darius asked and he heard a voice behind him "Behind you." Darius turned to face Ben and only Ben "What happened to Yasmina?" Darius asked and Ben said "I don't know I was gathering some berries and I heard her scream and then I saw you get attacked by the Ankylosaurus." Ben then helped Darius stand while Kenji snarled at the place the Ankylosaurus disappeared.

"We need to find her." Darius said and Ben held out a torn off piece of Yasmina's clothing "Kenji can you find her?" Ben asked and Kenji sniffed the torn off piece and he nodded. Ben and Darius climbed onto Bumpy's back and followed Kenji as he tore through the forest with them following close behind, "How much long Kenji?" Darius asked the Ceratosaurus and Kenji replied back 'We're getting close.' However darius then noticed something in the bushes and grabbed it. It was one of Yasmina's shoes and he showed it to Ben "Oh no." Ben said looking at it and he looked up at Kenji as the Ceratosaurus continued to run through the undergrowth. However Kenji suddenly stopped and Bumpy followed suit sending Ben and Darius flying off her back and they rolled down the hill. "Ow. Ow. And more Ow." Ben said as he came to a stop while Darius hit his head hard on a root "Ow!" Darius shouted in pain as he slid across the dirt and grass. Ben then looked up the hill at the two dinosaurs and he stuck up the middle finger at Kenji and the Ceratosaurus gave him an unimpressed face "Asshole! Why did you stop?" Ben shouted up at Kenji and he motioned with his face and Ben looked over and looked over at a gray Baryonyx sitting at a river and Ben was confused "That's just a Baryonyx Kenji." The Ceratosaurus just sighed and then roared at the Baryonyx. The dinosaur then looked over at him and then at Ben, the animals colour scheme was gray with a darker shade of gray on the underbelly, with upside down pink T shaped markings on both legs with a brown streak running down half its neck from the back of its head that resembled Yasmina's pony tail. "Yasmina's a dinosaur now?!" Darius asked alarmed at the sight of Yasmina as a dinosaur. "Yaz can you change back to human form?" Ben asked and Yasmina pondered on that for a moment and then a blue light surrounded her and she shifted back to her human form and Ben passed her shoe to her and Yasmina put it on her foot and Kenji got an idea and shifted back to his human form "You guys have no idea who weird it was being a Dinosaur." Kenji said to them as he walked down the hill and Darius realized he was almost eye level with Kenji. "Well now we can go from human to dinosaur at will now." Kenji said cheerfully and he pulled his three friends in for a tight bear hug.