Chapter 7 - Kyungsoon

April 22nd, 2021

---------------------

I stared at my phone.

Eunae: Kyung, I'm okay. Sorry I didn't text you back. I'm at Seungmin's house. I'm fine, don't worry.

Me: Thank goodness. I'll tell the rest of them that you're fine. Are you sleeping over?

Eunae: typing...

"Why isn't she responding quick enough? I need to know whether I should cook ramen for her tonight."

All of a sudden, it went away. Why isn't she texting me? Weird. She's probably hanging out with Seungmin though, because she said she's at his house. Maybe I should just calm down and stop worrying. I'll just cook myself some ramen and then if she comes home I'll get some for her too.

While I was eating my ramen and watching a kdrama, my phone received a message.

Eunae: Sorry I won't be at home for a bit, I'm going to go on a sudden trip to New York City with Seungmin and his friends. I'll be there for a few weeks, but I'll be back after that. See you!

I had to read the message twice to make sure I wasn't tripping. Why would Eunae go to New York, even if it was with Seungmin? She barely knows him anyways. Also, she never texts this formally. I was really confused when I read the message.

Me: Well, have fun! I'll see ya in a bit, Nae.

I thought about this for a bit, then I ended up calling everybody else over to my house.

Once they all came, I asked them if they knew anything about this sudden trip to New York. When they all said she never got in contact with any of them, I started to get worried. Hajun voiced my fears.

"Kyung, what if something happened to her?" I shook my head. I couldn't have anything happen to her, that would be terrible.

"There's no way something happened to her. We can't let that happen. Come on, guys." I stood up and started packing a few things into a bag.

"Kyung, what are you doing?" Chaewon spoke up, and I looked at her.

"I'm going to Seungmin's house, unnie. We have to find Eunae and make sure she's all right."

"Hey, no you're not. She's probably fine, and you could get hurt in the process if something is actually up. Also, how the heck do you know where Seungmin lives?"

"I can find out, one sec." I hacked the school's documents for a few minutes, then found Seungmin's application papers. It included his address, so I just put it into my phone.

"There, 16 First Street." I smiled proudly at her. 

"Still, that doesn't help the fact that this is potentially dangerous or potentially embarrassing, if she is actually completely fine."

"I can handle a bit of embarrassment, and also, for the dangerous part, I've got that covered." I pulled a pocket knife out of my pocket, so I could easily grab it if needed.

"Kyung, where did you get that?! And do you even know how to use it?"

"No, but I can figure it out." I put it back in my pocket, and grabbed the keys to my car. "Well, aren't you guys coming with me?"

"Oh, heck yeah! Let's go get Eunae," Jae said, grinning, as Chae glared at him. He ignored her, and winked at me. I smiled. Hajun quickly jumped on board as well. Chaewon sighed, and stood up.

"Well, I guess I've been outvoted." I grabbed her arm, as well as Hajun's, and ran to my car. It was a normal passenger car, so I shoved Chaewon and Hajun in the back since Jae is really tall and I'd feel bad for his legs if he had sat back there.