Chapter 31: Wedding Cancelled

Start from the beginning

Alison

          “They cancelled the wedding?” I almost shriek when Keith told me the good news. I was lying on my bed, replaying the sweet moments I had with Jason at the beach before Keith called me. After hearing a thousand apologies from Jason, we took a stroll on the beach which was extremely sweet. The night had been perfect, minus the teary moments. It got better when Keith told me the wedding was cancelled.

          “This deserves a celebration!” I said, jumping on my bed. Jason, who was in his room opposite of mine, looked at me through the window with an amused expression. I pressed the loud-speaker button. I wrote down the good news on a piece of blank paper and folded it into a paper plane before throwing it. Lucky for me, his window was opened so the paper plane flew into his room.

          I saw him picked it up and unfolded it. His eyes went wide before I heard him shout a ‘yes’. “Let’s go ice-skating tomorrow!” Keith shouted through the phone.

          “Okay! We’ll invite the girls and the guys.” I said, already jolting down the names of the people who I had in mind.

          “Actually, I was actually thinking of one more person.” I dropped my pencil and pressed my phone nearer to my ears.

          “Is it a girl?” I asked, clearly excited that there was a possibility that Keith might be into.

          “Umm yes. She’s the one who helped me with you and Jason tonight.” A grin made its way to my face. Whoever that girl was, I was definitely thankful for what she had done.

          “Alright, who is it?”

          “Myra Hart.”

          “What?!” My voice high and sharp, causing my pet puppy to whimper a bit. I bit my lip from repeating my action. Anyways, why would Keith invite Myra? And why did Myra even help me getting back together with Jason? It just didn’t make sense!

          “I saw her cry tonight. I think there’s something none of us know about her. Please? For me?” I rolled my eyes, but then I remembered he couldn’t see me. I hated it when Keith used the pleading tone on me.

          “Oh fine. But you’re in charge of her.”

          It has been a good ten minutes and Myra hadn’t spoken a single word. We separated our group in two so the girls and guys went with John using the van while Keith, Myra, Jamie, Matt and I went with Jason’s car. Matt sat in the front seat and Jason drove so the rest of us were in the back seat. I thought that the car ride would be filled with bickering and arguing but instead, Myra just stayed silent and occasionally nod to whatever Keith said.

          Even Jason gave me questioning looks through the mirror. I didn’t know anything so I just shrugged. To break the silence, Keith cleared his throat and said, “So Myra...do you know how to skate?”

           Myra looked at Keith, surprised that he was talking to her. “Umm no, not really.” She said in a timid voice. I raised my eyebrows, surprised to see this side of Myra.

          “I’ll teach you how to.” Keith said with a smile.

          Myra gave a tiny smile before nodding. That’s when a thought came to me.

          They were cute together.

Myra

          Okay, so I knew a little bit about skating. The first time I tried skating was on my first date with...Reed. I could feel the awkwardness growing in the car just now. Alison had looked at me questioningly multiple times in the car when she didn’t think I was looking. Now as I stood in the ring with Keith holding my waist, stabling me and keeping me from falling, it just reminded me of the night Reed taught me how to skate all over again.

          “Okay, I’ll hold you and you just move your legs. Try and find your balance.” Keith said and I just nodded. I could feel his warm body pressed against my back as he patiently skated along with me.

          I moved my left leg, then my right and repeated. Once I was moving, Keith slowly loosened his grip around my waist and soon he just skated beside me as I wobbled. “I am going to fall and die.” I said, closing my eyes.

          I felt a warm hand tightening around my own and I opened my eyes. Keith smiled at me warmly and I saw his hand holding mine. “I won’t let you.” Those were the exact same words Reed told me and I believed Keith, just like how I believed Reed.