Pop Like Trouble

Today was a bad day for Taehyung.

He spent all day finishing his project; trying to fix some amendments and pass it again to his professor. He is exhausted and hungry, and his friend is nowhere to be seen.

It was a Thursday afternoon. He heads over to Bighit Snack bar, which is pretty far from the school. He used to eat at the School cafeteria during class hours but he prefers to eat at a fast food restaurant after classes. Apparently, he had been in this snack bar only twice.

Entering the snack bar, he noticed that the place isn’t crowded. In fact, there are only three students who are eating on the corner. He chose the table near the billiard tables. In their huge house, they have their own billiards table on the recreational hall but he just played there when he is extremely bored. He rather goes outside than play alone.

Taehyung asked Jimin to join him for snacks but he refused. His best friend is busy being the president of the Glee Club. While waiting for his orders to arrive, Taehyung looked for the cue sticks and picked one. He arranged the balls at the center. He hit every billiard balls with accuracy. Though he isn’t an expert, he was able to hit down a ball or two.

While on the other table, the three students are happily enjoying their snacks.

“Jin, I think I wouldn’t be able to win against you.” Yoongi said as he shakes his head.

“No. You are still the expert with this game. I just don’t want to pay for our snacks.” Jin laughed while trying to hide his flushed face.

“Of course, free meal is still the best motivation.” Hoseok said as he arranged their food at the table.

“And Jin, I know you wanted to stay, but we had a project to finish. We need to leave after eating.”

“Don’t worry about me. I can manage.” Jin winked at Hoseok and starts to munch his burger.

Hoseok and Yoongi left the snack bar and Jin is fixing his things. He will just stay at the library before going to the dorms. Jin stood up from his table and he is ready to leave when a guy approached his table and talks to him.

“Hey, you, can you play with me?” the guy said. Jin looked up and he was shocked.

It was Kim Taehyung. The arrogant son of the Prime Minister asked Jin to play billiards with him. This is a miracle.

“Me? I’m not good at playing billiards.” Jin scratched his head and averts his eyes from Taehyung’s gaze.

“Then I will teach you. Please I’m bored. I just want to play with someone.” Taehyung begged him with those puppy eyes.

Jin hesitantly followed Taehyung to the billiard table next to him.

“I think you know me. But I’ll introduce myself again. I’m Kim Taehyung.”

“Yeah, I know. Everybody knows you. I’m Jin.”

“I know you too. You’re the top student and the son of Uncle Kim Byungho.”

Jin blushed. He didn’t realize that Taehyung might know him. He doesn’t belong to his circle of friends. But then he called his father Uncle. He didn't know that they are close. 

But on the contrary, Taehyung knew him ever since he was a kid. And when he saw him alone in the bar, he thinks that he wouldn’t miss his chance to talk to him. And a billiard game is a good excuse.

“Here, come closer. You pick your cue stick.” Taehyung commanded him as if they were already friends or whatever this is. Jin doesn’t know what’s with Taehyung that he couldn’t resist him. Taehyung tapped his shoulder when he was lost in his own thoughts.