[ 12 ] Ten questions, zero answers

Start from the beginning

However, he and Seoyeon had really clicked. If he weren't gay, it probably would've been love at first sigh. Thank God, he was gay and so Seoyeon was his very first trustworthy friend. They often argued, having rather different perspectives of the world and society, but Jeongguk knew she'd come running to him if he needed her. And he'd do just the same for her.

"You're finally back." Seoyeon offered him a kind smile. She finished washing the glass she was holding and made her way towards him, the only thing keeping them away being the counter. "Your one-night stand left hours ago. Did you fall asleep? It's so unlike you." Her thin brows furrowed into a deep frown. She knew the boy better than anyone: he never fell asleep after it. He always made sure to stay awake and kick the person out before they could start asking questions or request another round.

"Yeah, I fell asleep. I was feeling a little anxious, but I'm fine now." Jeongguk hummed absentmindedly. "Would you mind getting me something to drink? I'm thirsty." His throat was still sore from yesterday, and he cursed Taehyung for it. It felt like every time he spoke, embers were lit in his esophagus, causing his voice to come out deeper, raspier than usual. Although Seoyeon didn't fail to notice it, she decided not to ask and just got Jeongguk what he asked for: a drink.

"The usual?" She asked, already anticipating the other's answer. And as expected, it was a yes. So she grabbed a glass on the counter and rubbed the rim with a piece of lemon, coating them with the sticky substance. She then turned around and opened the big fridge behind her to grab a bottle filled with a green, translucide liquid, putting it on the counter. She poured it in Jeongguk's glass. "You waiting for someone still?" She wanted to know as she pushed the glass towards the blond, who chuckled in response.

"I guess you could say that." His voice was hushed; he didn't want to linger on topic. He took a sip of his margarita, the sour liquid burning his throat as he drank it down. He ignored the pain and exhaled heavily, closing his eyes for a second while he attempted to get some rest, even for a brief moment.

"Jeongguk." Seoyeon called. "I think your guest is here."

At that, Jeongguk's eyes snapped open and he glanced at his surroundings, easily spotting the man he was waiting for.

"Han." He said, voice cold. He didn't bother using honorifics, despite the man being ten years older than him. Sometimes even the oldest people weren't worthy of any respect. And Jeongguk had always despised honorifics anyway. He especially despised using them on people who didn't deserve them. Like people with power, or money. Or both, most of the times. Those people had it all, yet— to Jeongguk, they were nothing but a bunch of scumbags. Garbage. And he was waiting, patiently, for the day each one of them would go down.

"Long time no see, Jeongguk." Han, the man, who wore a goatee beard and rectangle-shaped glasses, smirked. The action irked Jeongguk, and he let out a scoff.

"We should keep it that way."

"We would, if you didn't fuck up." He had a point. At the end of the day, the only reason for this unwanted encounter was Jeongguk's stupidity.

Silence stretched between the two, Jeongguk trying to muster up the courage to talk, to just drop the bomb already, while Han seemed to be lost in his own thoughts.

Jeongguk glanced at him briefly. If they were to fight, he knew he could easily defeat him. Han wasn't that strong, nor was he clever or quick-witted.

The only problem was that Jeongguk didn't know if he came alone. Because while Han didn't do good in fights, he was a very strategic person. And Jeongguk highly doubted that the man came here alone, knowing the situation could turn sour at any moment.