three.

a l l i e

I wake up the next morning with no intentions on leaving the house. Lexie had texted me while I was sleeping to say that our friend saw the five seconds of summer boys at the airport in Sydney. there was no way I was leaving the house with the possibility of running into them somewhere. there was no chance in hell. Lexie called this morning and told me to stop being a hard ass and leave the house. I was very persistent in my argument to stay home to the point where she gave up. she told me to do whatever I wanted and she hung up. so currently, I'm sitting on my bed, music blaring, scrolling through twitter. there's nothing to do in this god damn house but I refuse to leave.

I decide to take a nice, hot shower. showers always help pass time. I grab a change of clothes from my closet and make my way into the bathroom, turning up the music as I leave my room. I walk into the bathroom and throw my clothes on the floor. I turn on the hot water and while I wait for it to heat up, I strip out of my pajamas. I grab a match from the drawer and light my strawberry and whipped cream scented candle before quickly climbing into the shower.

I let the hot water run down my body as the steam engulfs me. hot showers always tend to relax me when I'm worked up about something. I let the steam do its job before grabbing my coconut scented shampoo and lathering it through my hair. I let it sit for a minute as I shave what needs to be shaved. Once I'm done shaving, I rinse the shampoo out of my hair and lather in some conditioner. Letting the conditioner sit, I rub my ocean breeze body soap bar all over my body before rinsing the conditioner out of my hair and rinsing off my body. I turn the water off and climb out, grabbing my towel and drying off my body. I clean the water off of the floor with my towel before throwing it in the hamper and throwing on my clothes for the day. I had decided on cropped yoga pants, a bright pink sports bra, and a loose-fitting white t-shirt. I run some gel through my hair and let it dry naturally as I slide a it bit of mascara over my lashes. I put everything away before blowing out the candle and leaving the bathroom.

I walk into my room and unplug my phone from the charger. I see there is a text from Lexie so I unlock my phone and read it.

(( L: go out and do something today! you've been hiding away in your house for months. it's time to stop being afraid that he'll hurt you again. do something for you (: ))

I sit there for a minute and realize she's right. I have to stop worrying about him. he left me but he doesn't control me anymore. I am my own person and it's time I start acting like it. I decide that I'm not going to sit home all day. I'm going to do something that benefits myself. I grab a pair of Nike running sneakers from my closet and my headphones from my desk before making my way downstairs. I grab a water bottle from the fridge and my wallet from the counter before walking out the front door.

the second I walk out the door, the sun is blinding. it's either now or never. I sprint down the front stairs and start to make my way down the sidewalk. the first step to getting over Luke.

after two miles, I find myself at a small cafe in Sydney. I walk in and get in line so I can order myself something to eat. running tends to make me hungry to the point that I could eat out an entire grocery store. the line moves quickly and soon I'm at the front. a girl around my age takes me order and I go to sit down until my food is ready. I ordered a toasted croissant and a raspberry iced tea. the girl brings my food over and I thank her, learning her name is Elizabeth. I immediately start to eat as I look out the window, enjoying the scenery. it's a beautiful day in Australia. the sun is shining and it's warm.

I make my way halfway through my croissant when I hear a familiar voice walk through the door. I force myself to stay looking down at my phone when I hear footsteps approaching my table. I silently pray they walk away but when the footsteps stop, I realize the familiar face isn't going to walk the other way.

I inhale deeply as my name leaves their mouth.

"Allie?"

A/N:
all lower case is intentional. this is a short update but I hope you all enjoy. it was a filler chapter but it's helping to pick up the pace of the story. please continue to read, vote, and comment.
xoxo. m.