𝚆𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚗 𝙵𝚒𝚡 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜

"So, why'd you do it, Pop? Did they make you an offer you couldn't refuse?" Jughead asks Pop as I clean the counters. I look over at him and he sighs.

"Who's buying it? Do you even know?" I ask.

"It shames me to say. ChugMo."

"The liquor store chain?" I ask. He nods and I shake my head.

"Hey, could I make a request of you, Pop? For a last supper?" Jughead asks and I smile.

"Anything you want."

"Actually, it's not for me, it's for my dad. He's facing years of that weird meatloaf that they serve prisoners. So, barring an eleventh-hour miracle, I was kind of hoping for his last meal in Riverdale that you could make him his favorite."

"Fried chicken, cornbread, onion rings and an orange freeze, if memory serves. And what about your dad Anna, his usual." I nod and he smiles.

"It's very Rain Man of you, Pop."

"Been doing this a long time. Thought I'd be doing it until the day I die." He sighs and I nod.

"This was my first job and I was hoping so until I graduated."

"This is... Unacceptable." Betty says and I raise an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Just everything. Pop, have you officially sold the diner?"

"The contract's being drawn up."

"Do not sign it. Okay? Do not give up. Either of you. I can fix this, all right? I will fix this. Okay? Anna let's go." I look at Pop and he nods. I take off my apron and follow Betty outside.

"Where are we going."

"To fix this."
***
We get to the school and walk to the locker room. Cheryl was in the locker room and we open the door

"Give a girl a warning, will you?" She says to both of us and we walk up to her.

"You want closure, Cheryl. I want to help my boyfriend's dad and Anna's."

"I already told you..."

"And I'm telling you to help FP and Sam. Or..."

"Or what?" She asks and I chuckle. I look at her and shake my head.

"Or I wide-release the video of your father shooting Jason. Try having closure with that out in the world." I say and her eyes widen.

"I thought you gave that damned thumb drive to Sheriff Keller."

"No. Not before I saved a copy onto my laptop. One click, and the darkest chapter of your family's twisted psychodrama becomes a viral sensation." I smirk.

"Are you threatening me?"

"This? No. No, this is... Fun girl talk." I get closer and smile.

"You could save a man's life. Think about that. A nice ending to a sad story."

"If I testify, you're giving me that video. And a guarantee that any and all other copies in your possession will be erased."

"You have my word. Also, I need the Vixens. For Retro Night." I smile and she shakes her head.

"You're a stone-cold bitch, Anna-Marie."
***
I wait outside the courtroom pacing back and forth until I see Jay walking down the hall. I walk over to him and he grabs my hand and takes me into a closed-off room.

"What are you doing here."

"I wanted to see how the trial goes. After what you told me about your friend maybe it will go in the direction we are hoping. It will be much easier to pull some strings."

"I can't thank you enough." I hug him and hugs me back.

"Also, I think I may have some information about where the drugs are coming from."

"Okay but not here, we'll talk about it later." I nod and I walk out of the room first and Betty is waiting for me.

"Hey, your dad and FP just went in. They are going to call us in shortly." I nod and take in a deep breath. Cheryl walks over and sighs.

"May I remind you, I'm doing this for Anna." She says and they open the court doors.

"For the case of Jones vs. Blossom. You may proceed into the court." Jay is inches behind me and we take our seats. Jay sits next to me and I look over at him and he gives me a small smile. I then look over and my dad gives me a small wave and I wave back.