"Yeah."

"Well, they came in early this morning. Follow me."

Rebecca led them out into the main room. Josh was nearly awestruck by how different the environment was without the kids. The carpeted floors that he hadn't even noticed before were stained with food that was too difficult to remove. The stage in the center still held all five of the animatronics, all of whom were completely motionless and dead, staring off into nowhere.

He and Susan entered the side room where the playscape was. It, too, looked extremely barren and empty without the kids. There were a few large boxes sitting near some of the mechanical rides.

"The straps are in these boxes," said Rebecca. "They're brand new and state-of-the-art safety straps with ultimate durability. We want to put them on these rides to avoid any injuries. There should be detailed instructions inside on how to attach them. Do you two think you can handle that, or would you like me to stick around?"

"We got it," said Susan.

"Good." Rebecca nodded. "Well, Derek and I were going to have a meeting in a bit, but he's not here yet, so I'll be in my office if you need me."

"Thanks," said Susan as her boss left the room without another word. "Well, let's get to it." She pulled out a box cutter from her pocket and cut the tape from one of the boxes. She opened the box and pulled out a few thick, black straps. She tried stretching one out to little avail. "Wow, these really are thick! What are they made of, kevlar?"

"To stop bullets or something?" Josh asked.

"I guess," said Susan, scoffing. "That's just what we need."

Josh pulled a few out and tested them himself. Despite using a considerable amount of force, the straps did not stretch out much at all. He looked at the rides.

"Are these really that easy to attach?"

"Looks like it," said Susan, glancing at the instructions inside. "Come on, chief. Let's get to work."

___________________________________________________________

"CAMERON! Where are you?"

"I'm here! On the other side of these rocks!"

"How did you get over there?"

"I don't know! We must have gotten separated at that last fork!"

"Well, hang on! We'll find a way over to you somehow, and then we'll see about getting your injury looked at, won't we, doctor?"

Kendall groaned. He still couldn't believe that his mother made him accompany his sister and neighbor to the local playground that day. He wanted to spend more time reading from his robot book, given that he was growing more determined by the moment to figure out exactly what was causing his mother such great distress. But alas, he found himself here, unwillingly playing the role of a doctor in Olivia and Cameron's latest adventure.

"Yeah, we'll find a way over there somehow...I guess," he said.

"That's the spirit!" cried Olivia, peering over a playground bridge at Cameron, who was looking back at them from the other side. "Are you okay, honeybear?"

Kendall groaned in disgust. She's been listening to Mom and Dad talking sweet to each other for too long.

"Come along, doctor. He needs us right away!"

They began moving toward one side of the playground structure. Kendall tried to keep going in order to get to Cameron as soon as he could, but Olivia stopped him.