Chapter 23

"Almost there aaaaaaand, done!" Tech said as he, daddy, and uncle Echo backed up a bit. We had to move Zander's tank in here in case something happened to the ship. Daddy ripped the blanket that was covering it off and showed him on the inside. I felt very happy inside as I put my hand on the glass. Still sad he's in there though. "Don't worry V. He'll be safe." I nod. I turn and see him just eying my tail and ears. I choke on a laugh and start giggling. He shakes his head and clears his throat. "Apologies, just never... Seen you as a cat before." I laugh and hug his leg. "You're funny uncle Tech." He chuckles slightly and pats my head. I purr when he plays with my ears.

My ears shoot up and I quickly look over and see uncle Wrecker and Omega walk in. Daddy right in front of them. I guess he went to get them. They walked over. "With two bounty hunters after you, laying low is the best idea as of now." Omega pouts. Wrecker takes her off his shoulder and she runs to us. She offers some of the food. My eyes shine with happiness as I steal a handful. Omega laughs. Uncle Echo takes some and sniffs it. "Uncle Echo." He looks at me. "why are you smelling your food?" I ask. He looks at the food then me. He smiles at me. "Just curious is all." I smile back and nod. Uncle Tech starts observing the food. "Strange. I am curious of the process of creating this." I just shrug. "Maybe it's with candies. It's yummy." I steal some more. Omega holds it to her chest. "Hey!" I laugh and she joins in.

Soon Cid walks over. "Hi Cid!" I yell happily as I wave. She looks at me and nods. Maybe she's got a job. She seems serious. "Got another mission for you." She says as she stops in front of us. "On the planet Raxus Senator Singh has been arrested by imperials." Uncle Echo looked uneasy. "Raxus? Main common ground for seperatists." He looked more upset. The bad guys? Uncle Wrecker talks a lot about the bad guys. Says they were people that worked with droids to help kill people. That's not good at all. "Daddy." I pulled on his arm. "Not now V." I huff and cross my arms. I look at Omega. She lifts the treats slightly and I smile. I quickly skip to her. She tosses one in the air and I start doing tricks to catch and eat them. I eat them happily. So yummy. Zander would've loved this.

When I turn around I see daddy talking to Cid. When did he move to her? Since when do they move so fast? My ears twitches as I listen in. "We just got Omega back. We need her to lay low, not go to a planet covered in imperial forces. Neither for V." He says harshly. Cid doesn't look bothered at all. I don't think anything bothers her anymore. Unless someone breaks something in her bar then she might. Haven't seen it yet though. "Then leave them here." He glares at her. "Don't exactly trust you either." She rolls her eyes. "Good. Look if you want them safe then leave them here and go on your mission. They'll be fine when you get back." He pondered a bit. I don't mind not going. Someone has to stay with Zander anyways.

I make a kitten sneeze and rub my nose. My ears wilt and I whine. That made my heart go BOOM. I opened my eyes and saw Omega with a big eyed face with awe written all over it. Wrecker was smiling while saying awe. Echo chuckled and Tech smiled. Hunter chuckled a bit and shook his head. I whimper embarrassed and cover my head. Omega pats my head. She smiles at me. I smile back. She tosses another snack in the air and I quickly jump up, which was high, and eat it before it starts falling.

Omega cheers as I land in a T pose. I giggle as I eat my snack. I lick my lips and skip to her. "That was so cool V!" She yells happily. I nod. "Of course. Because I'm awesome!" She snorts. I glare at her. I quickly poke her stomach. "Apologize!" I say as I keep doing it. She squeals and runs around as I chase her. We both laugh happily. We soon stop when daddy walks towards us. We turn to him. Not noticing uncle Wrecker basically vacuuming the snacks with his mouth behind us. He wanted to eat them all before we noticed. "Another mission I heard." Omega says joyfully. Daddy kneels down and holds her shoulder. "You're not going Omega." She lowers her shoulders. "Wha- but... But I'm part of the team right?" He nods. "Yes, which is exactly why it's important that you stay here and don't leave the bar. Got it soldier?" He says with a loud voice. She pouts. "Fine." He smiles at her and looks at me. "V. You're staying here too." I pout and whine. "Aww man." He rubs my head and I purr. I grab his hand and smile up at him. "You're so silly daddy." He chuckles and smiles. He kneels before me while Omega crosses her arms sulking.