BUTTERFLY

tags:

;established taekook husbands

;soulmate au

;angst

;fluff of course

;6k words

↠ pls interact and enjoy ♡

🦋

Butterfly.

we are soulmates.

Taehyung and Jungkook get matching couple butterfly tattoos. It's been a while since they had them and Taehyung realizes his tattoo turns warm whenever Jungkook's happy and cool when he's sad/angry. Jungkook's away for the weekend on a business trip and his tattoo suddenly starts to burn.

Jungkook feels extremely happy on meeting his brother who suddenly disappeared 3 years ago and is now a CEO, while Taehyung thinks Jungkook's cheating on him.

The light grey walls reflect the white moonlight peeping from the crack of the curtains. The air conditioner's whirring sounds, the only noise in the calm room. As the clock hits three, Taehyung wakes up with an excruciating pain in his arm, unconsciously fisting the white smooth sheets which now crumble under his palms.

"H-hurts"

He pains out as he burns ice cold and feels the coldness piercing his arm. Forcing his eyes to open, he inspects the white glowing butterfly on the inner flesh of the elbow.

Understanding the situation and as quickly as possible, his eyes move hurriedly to his husband who is whimpering in his sleep as well, tears gliding over his flushed cheeks.

Another nightmare.

Ignoring his pain, Taehyung puts his palm worriedly over Jungkook's forehead, he was burning.

"Hyung.." Jungkook's cracked lips call out, his eyes squeezed tightly. Taehyung tries to stop the tears that sting his own eyes and tries to wake up his husband.

"Love... Jungkook. Wake up." He keeps calling out for Jungkook as his own arm burns and his body weakens. "Wake up, Jungkook!" He finally shakes Jungkook with a hard tug and the younger's body shudders as his eyes fly open.

Jungkook's eyes look so hopeless as he tries to find his lover's presence. "Taehyungie..." As the relief washes over Jungkook, the pain from Taehyung's body subsides too.

"Oh baby..." Taehyung watches as the tears finally leave Jungkook's eyes and pulls his head to his chest. As he cradles his husband's head in his arms, he plants a peck on his head.

"I saw him again Tae." He hears the same words again, he has been hearing often the past 3 years.

Flashback

It was Christmas, a happy holiday season for everyone except the Jeons. Instead of the jingles of Christmas songs you could hear people screaming in the Jeon mansion. Instead of the Christmas bells you could hear the clattering of fallen utensils in the same house. Instead of a happy family meeting together, Jungkook's family was falling apart.