02 - pretty face

it was a tuesday morning and jin somehow found herself sitting in a crowd of screaming basketball fans, or the big three's (minus kuroo bc he plays baseball) fan girls and boys to be precise.

"why did i have to come?" konoha blocked his ears and tried yelling over the top of the screaming kids behind them.

"because kiyoko and hoshi won't come with me, and plus you're kinda gullible." jin patted konoha's back as they tossed another sour patch kid into their mouth. "there there."

the male growled in annoyance. "no but why did you even agree to watch terru and daishou's game to begin with."

"look who's complaining now."

"no but like daishou is hot when he sticks out his tongue... gah if mans had a tongue piercing like terushi- OW! what was that for?"

jin sighed in annoyance. "be quiet will you, i think the game's starting."

"pch." konoha turned away from his friend before continuing to cuss under his breath.

"the fuck you doing? summoning that dickhead terushima?"

the crowd suddenly stopped cheering as the lights began to dim. a spotlight shone at the center of the empty basketball court, where terushima stood with a microphone in his hand.

"he's, she's and they's, welcome to that one basketball game we have at the beginning of every term." he paused for a second, chuckling lightly, "yeah i kinda forgot what it's called. but anyways, we're versing tokyo high today."

"does that dickhead even know how to give a speech?" jin muttered underneath her breath.

terushima's voice continued to echo throughout the gym. "like always we'll win again, but today will be a little different because someone special is watching me play."

"bro he's totally talking about you." konoha started to shake in excitement.

"i doubt th-"

once again jin's sentence was interrupted by terushima's loud and useless speech. "i'll do my best to impress you, ladies. so make sure you cheer us on, ALSO DAISHOU SUGURU IS SINGLE!"

and with that terushima sped and joined his team before his best bud, principal watari, could catch up to him.

"see?" jin raised a brow at her stunned best friend.

"shut the fuck up." konoha gasped, his hands trembling as he grabbed jin's sleeve, "daishou suguru is motherfucking single."

daishou caught a hold of the ball and passed it to terushima who proceeded to shoot a perfect shot from the three point line. the crowd went wild as the buzzer rang, and the last point was scored. miyagi high's basketball team's captain and co captain had brought home yet another victory.

"that was pretty fun, i guess."

jin felt a hand grabbing their arm before they could exit their row of seats.

"so you did come after all, princess." terushima grinned and threw up a peace sign. "did you see me score the last point?"

without hesitation jin replied a snarky response, and shook terushima's sweaty hand off her. "who's the fucking princess, dickhead."

"mm 'dickhead', classy."

"you little-"

daishou made his way between the two before they could cause a bigger scene. "thanks for coming to the game today you two! tetsu and i were wondering why he was excited this morning." he gave jin a sly look. "how's your friend group doing?"

"good? why did you ask?" jin asked in a confused tone.

"dunno, i'm not good at keeping a conversation going." daishou patted his friend's back before giving konoha a sneaky wink. "i'll be off now. you do your thing yuuji."

one wink and konoha akinori was a blushing mess.

"i think i'm going to follow... i mean, i'm gonna go home." the boy stuttered before speed walking in the exact same direction that daishou went.

"well mister state champ there is obviously into my friend." terushima chuckles.

"okay i'm going home now."

"w-wait!"

"what is it this time?"

the male smiled nervously and tugged on his basketball jersey.

"why don't we go to the arcade together this weekend? like both our friend groups, not just us."

"nice try pretty boy, but i'd prefer to not be seen out of school with you." jin scoffed.

"so you admit that i'm pretty huh?" he grinned. "has anyone ever told you that we'd look cute together?"

"no. goodbye."

jin cringed at terushima's remark before exiting the gym.

terushima admired how her short, light brown locks gently swung from side to side as jin walked away. he clicked his tongue, he was annoyed at himself for not speaking up and telling her to stay when he had many chances to do so.

"i wonder if anyone's ever told you." he mutters to himself, "you're pretty too, masaki."

a/n

pleaseapskjd idk basketball terminology 😭😭
also if you see any typos in this chapter. ignore. them.