5. Ring

Han Joonhwi never thought he would be ready for a family of his own especially after his uncle. Since he was able to remember, his uncle was his only family not his aunt or any of his cousins, who shunned him at every turn afraid of him taking the inheritance. 

If they even knew a fraction of his personality they would have realized he never had a reason to want a inheritance in the first place. 

But somehow family crept onto him, his journey through law school gave him a misfit of friends that he thought of in his mind fondly as family. Because that's what they are. 

They were the people who came to defend him, question him, accept him, make fun at him and make him laugh as though they had known each other all their lives.

But one person from that group became much more than that, she became his life. 

Kang Sol and he didn't start dating until they were well into their second year of employment. Him in prosecutor's office and her in her firm as the firm partner. 

When they were dating they were already secure in their jobs leaving time for them to find their footing as a couple rather than as friends who had crush on each other for years. 

So, Han Joonhwi didn't waste any time when he knew it was the correct moment to take the next step. The only one he was able to trust to help was Kang Byeol, in helping him find a perfect ring for his soulmate. 

He would have asked Yeseul but she would have told her husband Bokgi who would've told Yeobeom and then everyone would know. Same with Sol B who would have told her boyfriend Jiho, who would then tell Seung Jae Hyung who would tell his wife and she would tell Sol directly by accident.

The ring was perfect, nestled inside the sock drawer, which was a very poor choice as he remembers Kang Sol's habit of stealing his socks, if she was in a hurry. 

His heart leapt to his throat as he heard her opening the sock drawer. He hurried towards the room blocking her from opening it. 

"Hey! Han Joonhwi, What are you doing? I have a court date in an hour. I am in a hurry."

"I didn't wash the socks...yes they are dirty but I know where yours is, wait" Han Joonhwi hurriedly grabbed hers and gave to her. 

Seeing her suspicious eyes on him, he smiled and kissed her passionately, effectively distracting her. 

He mentally berated himself, this is one of the worst lie he has ever told her.