Chapter Eleven: New World

Dinner that night was a relaxed affair. Jessica sat at Jareth's right hand at the long table, picking at her food. Her mind was full of new thoughts. So engrossed was she in her thinking that she never noticed Jareth staring at her through much of the meal.

     "What do you think of the food?" Jareth asked casually, breaking the silence. Jessica jumped then, looked up at him and smiled gently. "It's excellent, thank you. It's like nothing I've ever tasted before."

    "You had best get used to it, precious. It will be part of your life from now on." Jessica blushed at the term of endearment, and looks  at her food, a small smile playing at her lips.

    After dinner was eaten and the plates were cleared, Jareth bid her good night, telling her, "You must be tired. Get to sleep, and there will be time to answer questions in the morning." He bowed at the waist, then kissed her hand and left the room.  Jessica stared into space for a moment, then shook herself into awareness.

    She stepped out of the room and into the hallway. Piph stood there, waiting. "Do you want me to accompany you to your room?" Jessica nodded, grateful. "I'm not sure I remember the way."

    They walked in silence for a while, then Piph said, "So, what do your think of him?"

    Jessica shrugged. "I don't know what I think. It will take some getting used to, all of this."

    Piph smiled understandingly. "I can relate to that." Piph stopped in front of Jessica's door. "Sleep tight, Jessica."

    *~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

    Jessica lay on her bed, thinking. She  knew it was late, but she just couldn't sleep. At last, she got up and slipped on a pair of randomly selected slippers. She tiptoed out of the room, closing the door silently behind her.

    As she wandered the castle, she thought of all  the things she had learned in a single day. I am not human. I am going to marry the Goblin King, and I have finished his impossible Labyrinth. Then a more perpetuating thought figured to her. If I'm not human, what about my parents? Were they truly killed in a car accident, or in some other way? Are they even dead?

    She blinked and looks  at her surroundings. She had been so busy speculating that she hadn't been keeping track of where she was going. "Gosh dang it." She muttered. She took inventory of the pavilion-like room she was in. It was a circular room, that had pillars and open air looking out across the kingdom, and a slow moving fountain in the center. Jessica went and sat on the fountain, gazing out at the stone city. What am I doing here? I don't belong in all this grandeur and magic and adventure. She shook her head. I wished for this. I agreed to the deal. There is nothing for me at home.

    She was startled by breathing behind her. She looked up from the glistening water to see Jareth standing there, watching her with a strange look on his face. When he saw he had been discovered, he smiled and spoke. "I see you found my favorite thinking spot."

    Jessica laughed. "If you want me to leave, I will."

    Jareth shook his head. "No, that is all right. How about we share?" At her nod, Jareth Sat next to her on the fountain. As she gazed out at the city, she heard him mutter, "Jessica."

    She looked at him, her eyes gleaming with what seemed to be their own light. He reached toward her, setting his hand on hers. On instinct, she leaned against him, and they both sat like that for what seemed like hours. Then Jareth said, "Get some sleep. We an talk on the morrow."

    Jessica laughed, embarrassed "I don't know the way to my room." Jareth smiled, stood up and took her hand. "Then I will show you." They walked like that, hand in hand, until they reached her familiar doorway. Jareth leaned Down and again kissed her knuckles. "Until tomorrow, my lady." And he strode away, leaving Jessica staring after him, a blush on her cheeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   NEW CHAPTER!!!! YAAAAAAY!!!!!

   I have found my inspiration to  this story again, so YAY! Look forward to new chapters! Thanks so much for being so patient! :D

~Extreme_Fangirl16