Part Five

Author's Note: HEY EVERYONE- final chapter :,) TY FOR COMING ALL THIS WAY I LOVE YOU ALL ENJOY !!

"WAHHHHHWW" a newborn's cry rang throughout the room, and all throughout the halls of the hospital. Whether it be her raging hormones or the never ending stream of Ymir's words flowing through Historia's mind, she couldn't tell what was bringing her more emotion. The blonde girl's hair was matted with sweat and the smell of blood and birth fluid was dizzying. She was back. And only a few feet in front of her, the head nurse held her child.

"You made it, your highness. And now you get to meet your baby girl." the nurse said quietly, full of emotion and stained with birth fluid and sweat, her eyes welling up slightly after the adrenaline high and the wave of relief knowing the mother and child were alive and okay. The delivery room was now less filled, the only nurse in there being the head nurse. "She was born at exactly 12AM, I thought you might like to know that." she added knowingly.

Historia received the infant with awe, gawking at the sight of a miniature version of herself, practically. And she felt a new type of love all at once, fierce and passionate like that of Ymir's, but the unique familial love between a mother and child. She glanced at the time on the wall. It was 12:11 AM already, on February 17th.

"Hello, love," she spoke softly to her baby, cradling the head with soft blond wisps of hair. "Did you know you share the same birthday and name of my favorite person? And now I have two favorite people in this crazy, crazy universe." she said with a happy sigh, tears running down her face.

A nurse in training walked into the room, lighting up at the sight of the healthy delivered baby. "Your highness, the child's name?" she asked, holding a clipboard.

"Ymir. Ymir Promise Reiss." Historia said with certainty, not taking her eyes off of the baby for even a second. "With all due respect, your highness, is that generally an... orthodox royal name? And did you say... Promise? For the given middle name?"

"Ymir Promise Reiss." Historia said with finality, still staring down at her baby lovingly.

Abruptly, Historia's overwhelming happiness was tainted by thought of the state of the world she was bringing this human into and the expectations of the royal lineage; she thought painfully about how Ymir should be here, yet the father of this child was still waiting outside of the delivery room, and would forever be unaware of the full power and meanings of his child's name and Historia's story. And how could she be a good mother? She didn't even know herself what that looked like or felt like.

Doubts and fears once again began to circle Historia's mind, but then something happened that made her feel like

somehow,

everything would be

absolutely okay.

Ymir Promise Reiss looked at her mother for the first time, revealing two perfect, brown eyes. With golden flecks.

Author's Note: If the end was a little confusing, it's because the baby's eyes are so similar to Ymir's, so IT'S LIKE THIS SIGN FROM THE UNIVERSE AND YMIR HERSELF THAT SHE'S NEVER REALLY GONE-- anyways I hope y'all enjoyed.