➷ Mista | So Close

You have been missing for the last 48 hours and Mista's patience grows thin with each second that ticks by.

Finding the culprits that took you from him was a lot harder than expected since any information on their identities was buried deep within an encrypted network.

What Mista is aware of is that the ones that had taken you were a small group that once served under Diavolo. The rogue faction refused to serve under Giorno, so they had gone into hiding, planning a way to return Passione to its supposed former glory.

It was smart of them to go after someone important to a member of Giorno's inner circle, but they were foolish to go after you.

"They'll pay," Mista grounds out as loads bullets into his gun.

Just when you decided to go out with him willingly, you were taken from him.

Just when it seemed like you were finally admitting your feelings for him, you were taken from him.

Just when it seemed like you were finally accepting his feelings for you, you were taken from him.

So vividly does he remember your fearful cry of his name before you were taken from him.

"I'll make sure not a single piece of those bastardi are left to feed the fishes," Mista snarls as he exits the manor.

No matter what, no one would be surviving this cold night. 

You were located in a warehouse, one where fishermen stored their small boats. One of the boats had been untied for the getaway, but there was an unexpected change of plans. Before you knew it, your arms and legs are bound as you're tied against one of the wooden poles.

The slight stretch of your arms burns slightly, but you ignore it as you utter, "This isn't what we agreed upon. Release me this instant!"

"Shut up," one of your captors sneered, "When we get what we want then you'll get your freedom."

"No, no, no," you shake your head, "You have to release me!"

You go ignored, which only deepens your growing dread. 

This was not good and neither was this going according to plan.

You see, you orchestrated your own kidnapping in hope of escaping from Mista's clutches. Since the beginning, the gunslinger has believed you to be a simple bookstore owner yet in your spare time you stole and sold information through hacking.

You were known as No Name, a rather elusive and popular hacker that left not a single trace whenever pilfering information.

So, using your skills, you gained information on Giorno's inner workings and handed it off to the rogue group under a different alias.

Making yourself into the perfect bait for kidnapping was simple.

Getting Mista to let down his guard to allow your kidnapping to happen was easy but of course, these fools decided to turn on you at the most inopportune time. Though your hand in your own kidnapping would never be found out, you pitied the rogues for not following your plan.

As much as you had warned them in your encrypted message, still, they didn't listen.

Your gaze becomes misty as you try to undo the knot keeping your wrists together, teeth clenched in anger. The growing dread in the pit of your stomach becomes nauseating once you feel how tight the knot is.

"Come on," you mumble as you pinch at the knot and try to pull yet it refuses to loosen.

Your attempt at loosening your binds halt when a deafening bang interrupts the quiet of the warehouse.

Flinching, you watch as one of your captors wordlessly falls to the ground.

The start of an unexpected attack sets off a panic as your captors scramble to find cover, their own guns raised and ready to fire.

As the faint scent of blood and gun powder fills the air, you watch as your captors fall to the ground like dominos.

"I was so close," you mumble bitterly as your tears spill down your cheeks.

Just like that, with the simple pull of a trigger, once again, your freedom is snatched away from you.