❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐶𝑎𝑡𝑠❀

Start from the beginning

"What's going on with them now?" Satsuki questions you.

"I don't know," you sigh. "I could be wrong but I think my mom might be sleeping with their boss."

"What?!" Mayumi shrieks.

Satsuki, on the other hand, stays quiet. More interested in her reaction than Mayumi's, you turn to look at her. You notice that she's staring at you with a face of no surprise. You give her a sad smile, understanding what's going through her mind.

"You're not objecting," you comment.

"Honestly, Y/N, I can't say I'm surprised..." she admits.

"Your mom is so unpredictable that she is predictable," Mayumi cuts in.

Satsuki nods. "As ridiculous as that sounds, Mayumi's right."

"I guess you're right," you say as you look away again. "But it's fine. I'll wait for them to deal with it. It's not my business right now."

Your two friends stay silent for a while. You hear Mayumi say "okay," quietly, but that's all.

When you get to Tanjiro Island, the three of you walk through the streets. You follow Mayumi as she leads the way to a sandy area. However, you don't pay much attention to anything but your thoughts and the conversation you had with your friends.

They're right. My mother's mood is constantly changing. It's not much of a surprise that she'd get bored of my dad...

Finally at the beach, the three of you place your stuff down on the sand. You put down your beach towel and lay down. Just then, a brown and white calico cat approaches the three of you.

"Aww, so cute!" Mayumi coos as she picks up the cat and cradles it like a baby.

"Mayu!" you and Satsuki call out to her.

"It's a wild cat!"

"It's okay!" she continues to coo at the cat, "It's just a cute little kitty!"

You and Satsuki watch as the cat begins to squirm and jumps out of Mayumi's grasp. As you watch the cat run away, you notice that there are tons of cats along the beach.

"Woah," you comment alongside Satsuki again.

"You guys haven't been to Tanjiro Island before, have you?" Mayumi grins.

"No..."

"It's a cat island! It's literally crawling with cats!"

"Mmm, Satsuki, this looks so good!" Mayumi beams as she looks down at the food Satsuki just gave to her

This time, a grey cat approaches Mayumi. She feeds it a piece of fish and pets the cat as it eats.

"You shouldn't pet the cat right before you're about to eat," you say with your mouth half-full.

"Aw, but it's so cute! And look," she says as she picks it up and holds it out to you. "It looks just like that guy you like, umm, Suga!"

"What the hell?!" you say as you choke down the remainder of your food. "Mayu it's just a cat!"

Mayumi giggles. "I'm just kidding... mostly."

"Come on," you whine, embarrassed by the conversation again. "Don't be like that."

"How is it going with him anyway?" Satsuki asks you.

"Fine," you mumble before taking another bite of your food.

"Have you kissed him yet?" Mayumi's lips stretch out in a huge grin.

You only nod as you continue to eat your food. Mayumi squeals and shakes Satsuki's arm.

"Oh my gosh, are you two dating now?!" she continues to ask.

"What? No!"

"Well, if you like him you should ask him," Satsuki chuckles.

"Unless you like that creep, Daichi, better," Mayumi sticks out her tongue.

"Come on," you smirk, "Daichi's not that bad. He just looks scary sometimes."

"Eh?! You're defending him? Do you actually like him?"

"Not like that," you roll your eyes, "but we're friends. Anyway, how do you expect me to get a boyfriend when I have to leave in two months?"

"Good point," Mayumi sighs.

"I'm sorry," Satsuki looks down at her food sadly. "I shouldn't have said anything. I forgot about that."

"Me too," Mayumi adds.

"I'm sure you'll figure it out though," Satsuki continues. "Just make sure you don't like to him about anything, okay?"

"I won't," you nod.

Little do they know, Suga has no idea that I'm moving...