Duos and their Disputes

Start from the beginning

"Where does your Mom work?" Tadashi asks.

"She works at this child care centre. It has flexible open hours so somedays she's back at 6 in the evening and other times at 12 in the morning." I explain.

We get out of the elevator and I walk down the halls to our apartment. 

No. 104

I put my key in the lock and turn to my two, very tall, new friends.

"I had a lot of fun today. Thanks for walking me home too." I grin at them.

Tadashi gives me a bright smile while Tsukishima gives me a shyer one. I unlock the door and step into my home.

"Goodnight you too. Get home safely." I tell them.

"Goodnight." The two boys say back. I close the door once they walk down the hall. 

"Hey Y/n." Koushi greets me. 

He and Dai-chan are making instant ramen.

"We made some for you too." Dai-chan smiles at me.

We all sit together and indulge in the not so healthy, but delicious meal.

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

April 8

Tsukishima POV

While Mom and I eat left overs from last night for dinner, she asks me about my day.

"So, did you have fun?" Mom asks, putting some rice and curry in her mouth.

"I guess. We really just got boba and Tadashi and I walked her home. No big deal." I feel myself shrug my shoulders.

I guess I do shrug a lot. 

Mom takes another bite before putting her chopsticks to the side.

"I'm really happy you are making more friends sweetheart." Mom says gently, reaching over the table and grabbing my hand.

She takes her hand back and continues eating.

"I have friends Mom." I defend blankly and Mom chuckles.

"Always so serious Kei. Friends means you have more than one. You're only friends with Tadashi. Unless there are multiple Tadashi's and you only hang out with one at a time." Mom laughs and I sigh.

"So you're saying I need a large friend group?" I ask as I start clearing the table. Letting Mom rest.

"Definitely not. I'm not even saying that you need 3 close friends. But, while you are young, I want you to talk to people your age." She explains. I start doing the dishes and Mom smiles at me.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I hope when you get married you don't let your wife do all of the chores." She says and I shrug again.

"I won't do that." I say as I scrub the sauces away, off of the plates.

"Hmm. I know you won't. Your father and I raised a very kind boy." Mom pats my shoulder.

"How about we go for a late night drive and grab some strawberry shortcake when you're done?" Mom smiles at me.

"Okay." I let a small smile inch up my face as I look down at my hands washing the dishes. 

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

    April 9

Tsukishima POV

☽ 

I get up the next morning earlier for the practice match with the King and that Shorty. I look at my phone and see a few texts from Y/n.

──────

Y/n Sugawara (2 minutes ago)

morning tsukishima!

hope you slept well for the 3-on-3 and i had lots a fune lat nit  (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

the club rom might be unloced a few mnutes later than usual cause my brother decided to wake up a littl later than usual and he has the key for the wekend 

٩◔̯◔۶ i know for someone so respnsible kousi can be opposite

see you at the hym! (ง°ل͜°)ง

Kei Tsukishima (Just now)

Thats fine, thanks for letting me know.

I had fun too, Tadashi did as well.

See you at school.

──────

She doesn't use proper grammar when she texts, she even made some spelling mistakes.

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Tsukishima would use proper grammar when texting and I stand by that.

Thanks for reading!

Written July 6, 2021

Released July 30, 2021