I opened the door for her and she gave me a grateful smile. Worth it.

Fuck, when did I become a simp?!

"First things first," I said after getting in the car with her. I grabbed a black cloth from my pocket and held it out for her.

"You have to wear this,"

"Why?" She asked, furrowing her brows and grabbing the blindfold from me.

"Do you trust me?" I asked, daringly. She didn't answer with words. Instead she grinned and put the blindfold on.

I started driving and couldn't help but keep glancing at her. Seeing her blindfolded sparked something in me. Something that made me want to stop the car and claim her right now.

No! I have to get her to my surprise as soon as possible. I want her to be able to spend as much time as possible.

I noticed her start to bounce her leg and pick at her fingernails. She seemed nervous.

Before thinking, I slid one of my hands on top of hers and held her hand on her thigh. She tensed for a moment from the sensory deprivation but immediately relaxed.

We spent most of the car ride in silence. It was rainy day and everything smelled like rain.

(Side note: I'm from the south and heard somewhere that northerns can't smell when it's about to rain?? Someone please confirm this!)

Finally we arrived. I released her hand and went to help her out if the car. Once she was out of the car and on her feet, I positioned her to face the surprise.

She was grinning from anticipation.

"Okay, you can take off the blindfold," I told her. She slid it off her hair and lit up as soon as she saw what was in front of her.

Westgreen Memorial Hospital.

"Oh my god!" She shouted. She seemed ready to run in there but was looking at me for permission.

I nodded, telling her to go. She immediately grabbed my hand and started dragging me with her. Damn she's strong 💪🏻.

We made our way inside and to the oncology ward where we followed a lady's instructions and made our way to room 364.

It all happened so quickly, I didn't get a chance to ask if she wanted me with her. By the way she was pulling me along though, I could assume she did.

We reached room 364 and she immediately bursted into the room, no warning.

I followed her inside and saw an older woman laying in a hospital bed. She looked pissed.

"¡Maldita sea Apple! ¡Si mis pechos no me matan, lo harás! ¡Estúpido casi me dio un infarto!!!" (Damnit, Apple! If my breasts won't kill me, you will! You just about gave me a heart attack stupid!!!) the lady was yelling.

"Cálmate abuela! Traje a alguien,"(calm down grandma! I brought someone) said Apple, gesturing towards me.

I grinned at her grandma kindly.

"¿Estás embarazada?"(are you pregnant?) asked her grandma, with wide eyes. Apple started to choke on nothing and I laughed at her.

"No!" Protested, Apple. She sighed and turned her attention to me. "Mi abuela doesn't speak very good English. I could translate,"

"No se requiere traducción,"(no translation required) I said. Apple gaped at me, realizing I heard the pregnancy thing.

"I like him," said her abuela, with a heavy accent. I grinned as Apple glared at her.

"I didn't know you spoke spanish," said Apple, looking at me. She seemed impressed and also a bit confused.

"Muy bien tambien. él es un arquero,"(very well too. He's a keeper) said her abuela.

"Ya me gustas señora,"(I like you already ma'am) I said to her abuela, who beamed. Apple seemed cheerful too.

"Por favor llámame Grecia!"(please call me Grecia!) said Grecia. I nodded to show I understood.

The day went very well. I found myself enjoying myself with people in a way I hadn't in a very long time.

I never had really great family and now I have no family at all. Apple and Grecia are the only ones in their family yet it seems like more than enough love to go around. I wish my family had that. I admire it.

Eventually, I went to go get some water for Grecia. The cafeteria was actualy just down the hall from where her room was.

I hadn't realized someone was following me until I was pushed into a weird room. It seemed like a janitors closet. It was dark and I panicked for a moment, not knowing who was here.

Suddenly a light flashed on from the screen of a phone in front of me and I saw Apple. I was immediately relieved.

"What are you-" I was interrupted by her crashing her lips onto mine. I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her into me as I tangled my fingers in her hair.

I was pressed against a wall from her trying to get closer to me. Remembering where we are, I reluctantly pushed her hips away, breaking our kiss.

She looked at me hungrily.

"We're at a hospital,"

"So?" She said, pulling into me again. We continued kissing and feeling each other up. I ran my hand up the back of her tank, tracing the small of her back.

I pushed her away again.

"Apple, your abuela," I said, trying to catch my breathe.

"She can be patient," she said, trying to kiss me again. I stopped her this time, raising an eyebrow.

"I've known her for a couple hours and I know that's not true," I said and she huffed.

"Fineeee," she said pouting. She started to make her way out the closet but I stopped her.

"If you keep pouting like that I'll have you screaming my name until sunrise," I whispered in her ear before walking out the closet, leaving her stunned.

I went to the cafeteria and grabbed the water before heading back to the room. Apple was already back in there.

The rest of the day went by pretty greatly. Apples abuela is the best person and explains a lot about Apple.

Eventually we had to leave. Apple was a bit sad to go but she's mature and understood we couldn't stay.

"Thank you," she said once we were in the car. "This meant a lot to me,"

"I'm glad you had fun," I told her. She smiled at me softly as I started the car and we headed home.

Today was a good day.