What McDreamy Cant Do

⚠️SMUT⚠️

I woke up to the smell of bacon and the sound of sizzling in the other room. I rolled over, confused, and reached for Apple but the bed was empty.

I got up and threw on gray sweatpants before heading out.

Walking into the kitchen, I saw Apple standing at the counter, turned away from me. She was humming and flipping pancakes on a skillet.

"Apple?"

"Y/n!" She said, turning to face me. She flipped the pancake onto a plate with more pancakes and set the plate on the island.

She glanced at my bare chest and tensed for a moment, quickly looking away and biting her lip.

"I made breakfast," she said, gesturing for me to sit down at the island and eat.

"Pancakes?" I asked. She nodded and I just stared at her. Her face quickly changed.

"Oh god... I-I overstepped," She said, starting to clean stuff up. "I'm so sorry,"

"Apple.." I tried to stop her but she just kept rambling. It was kind of cute actually.

"This was a terrible idea," she was humming, "why am I so stupid?"

"Apple," I said a bit louder. She was still cleaning frantically. I walked up to her and she still didn't seem to notice me.

"You probably don't even like pancakes!"

"Apple!" I said, cupping her face with both hands. She froze and stared at me. I could only think of one thing to say.

"I love pancakes,"

She gave me a slight smile and I let her go. I grinned and sat down, cutting the pancakes. I started eating while she finished cooking the bacon.

"This is wonderful. Thank you,"

"Your welcome. It's my grandmothers recipe," she said and I looked at her. "She's an amazing cook,"

"You really care about your grandma, don't you?" I asked her. She smiled though it seemed a bit forced.

"I love her. She raised me after.." she was talking while scooping up the bacon but stopped herself. I knew what she wanted to say.

"Never mind. You probably don't even care about my family drama,"

"Stop pretending you know what I care about," I said and she put some bacon on my plate, then fixed herself a plate.

"Sorry," she said, sitting down in front of me, pouring syrup on her pancakes.

"And stop apologizing," I stopped eating to look at her. She didn't say anything and for a moment, all we did was hold eye contact.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say I wanted to... kiss her. But I wouldn't.

Instead I looked away, clearing my throat. She turned her attention back to her pancakes, swirling them in a buttload of syrup.

Damn, how much syrup did she need?

My eyes flickered over to the stove and I saw the time. "Damnit!" I said, standing up quickly.

"What's wrong?" Asked Apple, looking worried.

"I'm late for work," I told her as I rushed back to the bedroom to get changed. My assistant, Marlo, is going to be pissed at me for being late to this meeting.

A short while later I was ready to go and heading out.

"I'll see you at five, Apple!" I shouted as I ran out the door, giving her no time to reply.