Marcus Rashford Imagine ❤️

y/n - your name

It's been 8 months since I have seen my boyfriend Marcus. I live in London and he lives in Manchester. We are currently long distance but I've been trying to look for a new job up in Manchester so I can move up to him. I have to move because his football is in Manchester hence it being called Manchester United.

Since the whole lockdown, we haven't been able to see each other and today I have arranged it with his best friend Jesse for me to go up and surprise him.

Jesse is going to make sure that Marcus is home for when I get there.

I put a few bags of clothes in my car ready to stay up in Manchester for a while. I started my engine and the journey to Manchester began.

The trip was long, but in the end it would all be worth it.

Being apart from Marcus for this long has made me realise how much love I have for him and today is going to be the day that I tell him. Life is too short to wait any longer especially as the days go by as fast as they do.

———————————————————————————

It was a long 4 hours from London to Manchester, possibly the longest 4 hours of my life. I couldn't wait to see him, we have spoken every single day and called at 8pm every night. If that isn't love then I don't know what is.

I text Jesse to tell him that I had just arrived in Manchester and will be at Marcus's house in around 15 minutes. He replied saying Marcus has just got out the shower so won't be going anywhere for the remainder of the day.

Not long later I pulled up outside of Marcus's house. I had a mix of nerves and excitement filling my body. I walked up to Marcus's door, took a deep breath then knocked on the door.

knock. knock. knock.

The door swung open revealing my gorgeous man stood in front of me.

"y/n!" he picked me up and swung me around.

"I've missed you so much. I couldn't wait any longer." I smiled widely and he put me back down on the floor.

"I've missed you so much more." he placed a sweet kiss on my lips.

"I love you, I had to come up and tell you." I looked into his eyes.

"I love you more than you know." he replied to me which made my heart melt.