And I did, " Okay, but now we have to tell Bruce."

" Oh," her face fell.

" He's not that scary." I laugh.

" It's not that, it's that I don't want to lose this job. I need it." Percy looked like she was about to cry, " I mean, you've seen where I live, it's not exactly the best."

" Bruce wouldn't mind paying for a better apartment. But he's not gonna fire you, if anything he's gonna keep you closer. He might even ask you to join." I smirk at her, raising an eyebrow.

She laughs, " Oh, no. I don't think I would be good on the team."

" You could be a single, like me." I offer, " I'm not on a team."

" Yeah, but I don't know. I just kind of want a break for a bit, that's mostly why I'm not in college right now."

" College? What are you gonna study?" I asked, as I pulled out my phone.

" Marine biology." She answers, " Who are you calling."

" Bruce."

" Shit." She cursed under her breathe, " Why am I nervous?"

" 'Cause I lied about him not being scary." I confessed.

" Hello?" Bruce answered.

" Yeah, Percy found out." I stated plainly. Percy smirked and tried not to laugh.

" How?" Bruce asked being as conversational as always.

" She's known for a while, she found out in a dream that she knew was real. I'll tell you more when you get back. We have a bit more but shouldn't be told over the phone."

" How long?" Bruce asked.

" About a week?" I asked Percy and she nodded while anxiously sipping her coke.

" And she hasn't told anyone?"

" No, but her cousins know since one cousin figured it out and asked me about it on the phone."

Percy groaned, " This is a mess."

I laughed, " But they won't tell anyone."

" Okay. I'll talk to Percy when we get back." Bruce hung up and I pressed my lips together and took the phone away.

" That was fun."

" Is he gonna fire me?" She asked. It was weird to see her like this. Percy was obviously too tired to hide her emotions so they were all out on the table. She was tired and scared. Stressed that she might lose her job. But she also carried herself in way that showed she just lost someone and maybe more then one.

" No, I don't think so. But if he does, we're always looking for probies at the station." I smirk.

" Maybe. I don't think I have what it takes." She smiles and thanks the waitress with a smile and nod as she places our food down.

" You would be a hell of a lot better then some people that are cops." I offer honestly.

" Yeah, that's true." She smiles sadly.

" Or you could be a marine biologist by day and a vigilante by night," I offered.

Percy looks up at me with a smile, grabbing a few fries, " Maybe."

1129 words

7/1/21

So, you might have another update later today or tomorrow. I'm really bored and I have time to write so. But do y'all want Percy to be a marine biologist or a cop? Or something else? Or does it matter on the ship? So y'all know the rules, comment once on one thing and the thing with the most comments when it come to writing gets the job. I also already have the ship I just don't want y'all to know to.

Jason- cop

Jason- marine biologist

Dick- cop

Dick - marine biologist

Something else

Pieces Angels and Stay Safe