The Terrifying City

最恐の都市

3rd person pov

"The man apprehended in City Z by the Class C hero is suspected of being involved in several heinous crimes, including assassination." One of the hero association's coworker reported to the others. 

Their computer screens were filled with Sonic's information following with his picture.

"City Z..." a coworker with black hair whispered to himself as he leaned back on his chair.

"what's the status of the investigation I requested?" he asked the others.

"the one for the ghost town? Let's see... " a girl with short hair said while typing on to her keyboard typing a report.

As soon she finished typing, she pressed the 'enter' button on her keyboard checking a request they submitted earlier for the heroes.

"we've submitted an official request." She stated.

The black haired man stayed silent for a while when suddenly a voice cut in the conversation.

"well, now, doesn't that sound interesting. Want me to go?"

It was from Tatsumaki. A certain green light was surrounding her as she leaned on to the table with her hand holding her chin up.

"Tornado? Where did you even come from? " the man questioned, curious on when did she even got here.

"why? Aren't I allowed in here?" Tatsumaki asked him back, straightening her back, floating in mid air.

"o-of course." He stuttered.

"but for City Z, the investigation is just a formality."

"what? You think I'm not good enough?" She said in a angered tone.

Just as she said that, everything started to get surrounded by green light, floating up. The man grunted.

"not at all." the short haired girl from earlier said.

"the association thinks that this was not a class S matter." she continued walking towards the floating Tatsumaki.

"hmph. You better tell me if you find anything that looks like it can fight." was the only thing Tatsumaki spat out while slowly floating away.

"it'd be so much faster if I just went there myself." she mumbled to herself.

"splat"

A certain seaweed monster stepped in the city Z area.

It was covered with seaweed, only revealing it's legs and eyes.

"here we are in City Z."

Class A,  rank 33-spring mustachio

"shall we begin our little inquiry?" he said as he fixed his perfectly brushed mustache.

Class A, rank 29-golden ball

"yeah, let's get on with it." Golden ball who was sucking on a lollipop replied as they begin their investigation.

"city Z is quite expansive, but further ahead lies the uninhabited area we were told about. Compared in other areas, City Z has an abnormally high rate of monster related incidents." spring mustachio declared.

"the frequency has been gradually increasing over the past ten years, while the last few have seen more and more highly advanced monsters appearing. The residents have entirely fled for the city center."

He continued as the both of them started going thru ruined roads, street lights, and even houses.

"I know all that. This place is a real ghost town, just with water and electricity still intact, yeah?"
Golden ball questioned.