background

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ・ ───
》⚠ Trigger Warning: mentions of rape, mental and physical abuse, torture, and neglect ⚠《

     𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓲𝓹𝓮𝓻 𝓐𝓶𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓲𝓪 𝓢𝓪𝓵𝓿𝓪𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓮, born September 6, 1850. She is the daughter of Giuseppe Salvatore and an unknown woman, younger sister of both Damon and Stefan Salvatore. As much as Giuseppe Salvatore loathed Damon, it did not hold up a candle for the resentment Giuseppe felt for Juniper; for she was weak, a girl, nothing but a pretty face, worthless. Lily despised the girl because of the constant reminder of her cheating bastard of a husband. The only people who really loved the girl were her h̶a̶l̶f̶ brothers. Out of the two, Damon took on the role of parenting— taking on the role of both a mother and father, while Stefan was the typical older brother.

After her 'mother's' death when she was just eight years old, her father's resentment increased tenfold. He completely ignored her, waiting for the day the highest bidder would pay him to court his daughter. Damon raised her; mostly because he loved her, but a part of him wanted to spite his father— he taught her to read and write, taught her about women's rights, involved her in men's sports and politics— overall, made her into an independent and strong young lady. He even called her by a man's name: Ambrose. A name derived from her second name. Obviously, their father was absolutely furious about this, leading to Damon's plethora of childhood trauma.

Eventually, in 1862, Giuseppe shipped Damon off against his will to fight in favor of the Confederate Army. With Damon off at war, he was one step closer to getting rid of Juniper, or so he thought. Damon knew the cruelty of his father and made sure Stefan would continue to take care of 12-year-old Juniper. Stefan did not know how to be a caretaker, so he was really only there for Juniper when she came to him, it wasn't his fault, he just didn't know what to do.

Juniper was 13 in the year 1863. She had gotten sick. Stefan, still traumatized from their mother's death, feared the worst and distanced himself out of fear she was going to die just as their mother did. Giuseppe used this distance to his advantage. He had lined up 'suiters' for his daughter, only they weren't really suiters, they were men who wanted to buy Juniper and use her for their own personal wants. Stefan really should have seen it coming, it had happened before, when Giuseppe took Lily to the doctors, only for her to never come home again. He shouldn't have been surprised when his little sister 'died' of Scarlet Fever at the hospital and he wasn't allowed to say goodbye.

Only Juniper did not die in the hospital; yes she went there; yes, she had Scarlet Fever. but no, she did not die in the hospital. She was cured by the doctor, who happened to be one of her 'suitors'. Clarence Guthrie was a cruel man, scouring the southern colonies for a beautiful young girl to own. He took occupation as a doctor to seem lovable to the people, while being able to be near young girls— his true passion. When he saw Juniper Salvatore as one of his patients, he was exhilarated. Guthrie had his eyes set on Juniper for months, he had been in correspondence with Giuseppe and it was arranged for him to collect her when she was 15 years of age.

While he treated her, he fell in love with her (body). He saw the fire and strength in her eyes and desired nothing more than to destroy it. He loved destroying young girls' innocence, but even more, he loved putting them where they belong— below him. After she was cured, he put his plan in motion. See, Mr. Guthrie had a reputation: he was charming and charismatic, a 'ladies man'. The men envied him and the women wanted him. If only they knew.

With his reputation and self preservation in mind, he was going to offer twice as much to Giuseppe to have his daughter two years early. If Giuseppe declined his offer he was going to throw caution to the wind, kidnap her, and flee to England. He wanted— no, he needed Juniper Ambrosia Salvatore. Luckily, Giuseppe accepted the deal right away, thus fortunately preserving his status as 'the good doctor': the man who did everything he could to save the 'golden girl of mystic falls': Juniper Salvatore.

But no, Guthrie did the opposite of save her, he broke her. He kept her locked in a cellar, practically starved her, beat her, raped her; over and over again, day-in and day-out. He took every desire, every hope, every bit of fire, and killed it.

1864. Juniper didn't know the year, hell, she didn't even know what time it was. How was she to know her brothers were in love with a vampire? How was she to know they were just killed for it? How was she to know her brothers were now vampires? How was she to know her father was killed? How was she to know anything? The only thing she knew was Clarence Guthrie.

Juniper was sixteen. She was numb. She wanted out. She wanted to be rid of this life. She was a measly shell of a human. The year was 1866, Guthrie had never kept a girl this long, she was too old for him; he took her innocence, he destroyed everything about her. He was going to sell her to some other man who would accept her, she was still an enigmatic beauty after all, and he could make a small fortune off of her.

This was it. Juniper was going to get out. She had sharpened a scrap piece of wood and was going to kill Clarence Guthrie. When he emerged down the steps, she hid the stake. He was in the middle of doing his 'daily routine' with Juniper when she thought he was distracted enough to gain an upper hand. She was wrong. He caught her wrist before she could inflict any damage. He was infuriated. All plans of auctioning her were abandoned. He wanted to make her suffer. He was a practicing physician, in need of surgical experience and he was going to use Juniper. He strapped her to a table and took out her appendix. She screamed, cried, and trashed about. Suddenly, windows broke, wind furiously howled, the man in front of her fell unconscious. She didn't know what was going on, she was scared, but it did not matter because she soon fell unconscious as well.

Not even a mile away, a certain blonde vampire was strolling through town, taking a break from her newly found, very broody vampire student. She heard the commotion and smelt the blood. She was drawn to the destination, almost like she was in a trance, where she found a beautiful young girl about to die. In this trance-like state, the blonde reached her wrist up to her mouth, bit, and lowered it into the unconscious girl's mouth. She proceeded to snap the young girl's neck and uttered, "I will see you again, my child" before exiting the cellar, and continuing her stroll as if nothing happened. To the blonde's knowledge, nothing actually did happen. She fell out of the trance and went back to her student.