17. The dawn of realization

Start from the beginning

"But she likes you too!"

"Too bad for her I don't swing that way."

Philip still was not convinced.

"Hey, look at me," Fletcher murmured.

Philip wordlessly looked up.

He was staring at his crush. His crush who likes him back.

Requited.

Philip could've only dreamt about this.

"She will learn to accept it. She is your best friend right?"

Philip nodded slowly.

"Awesome, now let's go on a date, this picnic shit is making me nauseous," Fletcher muttered and stood up.

Philip was taken aback at Fletcher's nonchalance.

Philip was perhaps was too much in his world, and thought of various other outcomes of his previous position with Fletcher.

"O-okay," Philip stood up and dusted his pants.

Fletcher picked up the packets of snacks and chocolate and stuffed it randomly inside a bag he found in his car.

"Did you drive here?" Philip asked, sitting on the passenger's seat of Fletcher's car.

"No, Cedric dropped me off and walked off somewhere. Probably with Carnel right now." Fletcher said as he started his car.

"Where are we going?"

"My sister's house."

"Why?"

"Because I live there."

"For what?"

"What do you mean 'for what?'"

"No, why are we going there?"

"To take my bike."

"You have a bike?"

"Yes," Fletcher nodded absent mindedly as he reversed his car, looking back.

Philip admired Fletcher's face while he drove.

He always thought about how he would find the courage to confess to Fletcher Handerson one day. How he would tell him that he was almost in love with him. How he would tell him that it's always been like that since day one.

"What are you thinking about?" Fletcher asked, glancing at Philip.

"You."

"What about me?"

"You have a pretty strong aura."

Fletcher snorted.

"I have a strong aura?"

He smiled.

"Yeah, I've always admired it."

"Uh huh, since when?" Fletcher glanced fondly at Philip.

"Since the first day I saw you."

"Grade one?" Fletcher asked.

"No, kindergarten."

"We went to the same kindergarten?" Fletcher asked, looking shocked.

"Yeah! You were a popular kid y'know," Philip recalled.

"Wow, I mean. Wow," Fletcher looked dumbfounded.

Philip smiled warmly and turned his head away from Fletcher.

"We're here," Fletcher announced once the vehicle came to a halt in front of a modern-looking house, which was painted in a pale grey colour.

Fletcher climbed out and Philip followed him, looking around curiously as Fletcher opened the garage.

Philip waited outside while the other boy had gone inside to bring his bike.

"You're looking at my Knight," Fletcher rolled out a black motor bike that looked crystal clean.

"Your Knight?" Philip chuckled shortly.

"Yes, I named him Charming Knight. Pretty lame I know, but he suited the name."

Fletcher patted the leather seats of his bike and rolled it outside the house, requesting to close the gates behind him.

Fletcher flung his legs around the bike and sat fluidly on it.

"Philip, here," Fletcher shoved his helmet on Philip's head making him yelp.

"All good, now get on." Fletcher patted his seat.

"My snacks?"

Fletcher rolled his eyes.

"It's a date, I'll feed you, now get on."

Philip warily climbed on the bike, holding tightly onto Fletcher's shoulders while he did so and wrapped his arms tightly around Fletcher's torso.

Philip's heartrate increased, thudding violently against his chest, and Fletcher could feel it.

The black haired boy smiled to himself and wordlessly kick started his bike, ready to show Philip a good time.

--

What do you think of this chapter? Please let me know!

Choco reading Fletcher and Carnel being cute together: