"Pleasure meeting you, Sam," she extended her hand towards me.

My eyebrows twitched with annoyance. I despised these people with every fibre of my body. There wasn't the slightest bit of doubt about that. But again, if I wanted to get out of here, I had to control myself from fracturing their bones and organs.

I reluctantly shook her hand and withdrew it as quickly I could.

"Come in then," Josephine grinned amd led us inside.

The room was themed with brown and peach and there was a segregated area that was separated with a wall.

"Alright, now how are you supposed to take a report?" a feminine voice sounded from behind the wall.

"Identification number, age, plantation, quality; normal or premium and whether they are being shipped or sent to Lambda," another female's voice chirped.

I assumed there was a dimwitted girl who was apparently really delighted about the idea of sending innocent children to their deaths.

Josephine motioned towards the area, "This way."

We trotted there and I instantly spotted a girl's back turned towards me and a way too familiar woman footed beside her. In front of them stood a small girl, probably aged seven. Locks of black curls that dangled over her small collar bone were visible partially.

"Alright, so we'll practice with this young girl right here," the woman affirmed.

"90148, seven years, normal, Lambda testee," the girl standing with a clipboard announced aloud.

90148.

90148.

90148.

90148.

Gracie.

I shoved past Rhys and Josephine, bolting to the females. My jaw dropped when my eyes met with silver hued eyes of the dark haired girl. She stared back at me, her eyes glinting with tears.

"S-Sam..." she whimpered. As she scrambled towards me, without a second thought I brought her into a hug, wrapping my arms securely around her small figure.

She clutched my shirt in her tiny fists and snivelled,
"Sam! Who," she hiccuped, "who are these people? Are they bad people? But Mama is on our side right? And that-"

My eyes darted to the woman, her hazel browns no longer homely, just awfully empty, no remorse, no joy, nothing. My face hardened at the sight of my so-called caretaker.

"What a self-seeking goon you are. How are you not ashamed of yourself?" I spat, agitated beyond explanation.

She remained silent, her expression not wavering in the least. The teenage girl by her side took a step forward. Her (h/c) hair strands shone from the light of the tube-lights, she had a soft smile on her face, it would have appeared extraordinarily warm if it weren't for her (e/c) eyes that were piercing and frigid.

"Graciella, come on, it's time for you to go," she forced a close eyed smile.

"Gracie, isn't going anywhere. Keep to yourself, you dullard shrew," I spat bitterly.

She inhaled a deep breath, seemingly on the verge of yelling on top of her lungs. But I didn't care. Weasels like them don't deserve shit.

She attempted once again,
"Graciella, come on, please."

"I said keep to yourself, are you deaf!?" I snapped, sure that my eyes were burning with anger.