Chapter 9

A few days had passed since he had sent the letter and Inumaki wasn't expecting for Gojo to call for a group meeting. After all, it was starting to become cold again and all he wanted to do was stay under the blankets all morning. As he walked in he adjusted his scarf out of habit, he noticed both the first years and the second years had already arrived and were just waiting on Gojo as usual, Inumaki went to sit near Itadori, as he was looking the liveliest of them all hoping he would bring up his mood. Mornings were just not for him, at some point he had fallen asleep again and was woken up by a small shake from Itadori, this time looking more alive than when he had first walked in. He let his eyes adjust to the brightness as he saw Gojo in the middle of the room. "Late as usual I see," Maki gritted through her teeth, as Gojo laughed it off. "Yes yes, well I have an announcement!" "Just get on with it!" Obviously not being too happy about getting out of their dorms early in the morning. "No need to be rude about it. Anyways! We're going to have a mission, but this time overseas!" Gojo exclaimed thinking of the sweets he would be able to buy.

"We might also see an old friend of ours," He said after in a teasing voice, "And maybe for one of us he was more than a friend." Inumaki's eyes widened at his last two sentences, he couldn't possibly mean that they were going to see Yuta again did he? Maybe he was joking like he always does. "Or maybe not, who knows." He says after in a happy tone walking back to the door. Inumaki's heart couldn't stop racing even after his teacher had left, his mind racing with thoughts making him sick to his stomach, would he even be able to face him after learning the truth with Maki and Nobara? He glanced over at Maki panic started to settle in but realized if he would say anything about it or even show that he knew he might end up causing more pain in the future. He felt his heart twist in pain as he thought about how he would also have to deal with seeing Maki and Yuta being a couple again. Even through all the anxiety he couldn't help but feel excited, maybe it was the love that he still held for him. Even through all of the feelings he tried so desperately to push down for a whole year, he knew deep down that he still loved him very much.

Itadori looked over at Inumaki knowing that he and Yuta had been close and expected to see his friend start getting excited over seeing their other classmate. What he didn't expect was to see hurt, anxiety, defeat and so many other emotions pass through Inumaki's eyes.

________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N) LIUFBAJFB SORRY ABOUT THE SHORT CHAPtER! :(  This week has been really busy for me and hopefully next week I'll be able to get a longer chapter for yall out :) BUT THANK YOU SM FOR READING, I LOVE YALL AND I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY <3