Chapter 17

Then night time came around, Inumaki and Yuta had already gotten back to their own rooms. when Inumaki and Itadori got a message from Gojo about them having to do a mission later that day around 10 at night.. As the two left their room Inumaki struck up a conversation, finally feeling awake enough after a short nap. Did you ever give the phone strap to Megumi, passing the pad of sticky notes to Itadori as they waited for the elevator to reach the first floor. "I did! He didn't say much but he hid his face so I couldn't see his reaction to it sadly." Inumaki smiled to himself knowing damn well Megumi was just flustered and trying to hide his true feelings. 

Sometimes being very observant paid off was one of the few advantages of not being able to speak his mind. I'm sure he liked it tho, the shorter boy scribbled "I sure hope he did." Reaching the bottom floor of the hotel they walked out to the car that Ijichi had prepared. "I think you'll need one more person for this mission." Ijichi said with worry. Their faces paled with realization, "Is there anyone available at the moment right now," Itadori asked. "I know Megumi got dragged out to go shopping with Nobara." Maki hasn't answered any messages recently either so I think it's best we leave her alone and Panda is probably already asleep, Inumaki wrote on another sticky note. "So that leaves Okkotsu." Inumaki nodded, Do you know where he is? I haven't seen him since this morning. Itadori shook his head, "Maybe he's in his room?" Let me go check, Inumaki was about to go check when they heard the hotel's door open. They turned and saw Yuta there, Inumaki motioned him over.

Yuta jogged over, not quite sure what to expect., when Itadori stepped up and was the one to ask to save time, "Could you go with us on this mission?" "Mentaiko." Yuta stood there dumbfounded, unsure of what to answer, he already had his katana as he was planning on going to train with it in a secluded spot, so he could just go if he wanted. "Uh sure," Not being quite too sure of what to say he answered with something simple. Getting into the car was when Inumaki finally noticed the small cat charm on the sheath of the katana. He smiled to himself knowing that the katana itself was also very important to his friend so seeing the charm of the very thing that kept it "safe" felt very reassuring.

As the car finally came to a stop, they noticed that they were in front of a highschool. Getting out of the car Ijichi let down a curtain, wishing them luck, as the curtain covered the whole school. High Schools always tended to have more curses, although Inumaki never had a chance to go to a "normal" highschool. He always wondered how it would be. Though he doubts that he would ever be able to make friends with how his cursed technique worked. Snapping out of his thoughts as a group of curses approached them, unzipping his collar he let out a quick command, "Get crushed." As the command escaped his lips he watched as the curses now bunched together and compressed until there was nothing left.

 Feeling a bit of strain in his throat he took a small sip of his cough medicine that he always had on him. Though he had grown stronger over the past year, groups of curses still dealt quite a bit of damage to his throat. "Woah, that's so cool!" Itadori exclaimed, still not quite used to seeing his cursed technique. "Ikura," he replied just a bit raspy.. "Yeah you're right, there's still more curses, how's your throat right now?" Yuta answered. Giving Yuta a thumbs up before continuing into the school, they neared a classroom where they could feel two stronger cursed energies and quite a few smaller ones.

As they slid the door open, the two stronger curses immediately attacked them and the smaller ones followed. Wasting no time, Itadori begins to fight off one of the stronger curses, while Yuta unsheathes his katana and begins to fight off the other. While Inumaki fends off the smaller curses while taking small sips of his cough syrup in between commands. Feeling as the bottle of syrup slowly lost its weight between each sip, he could feel the damage to his own throat becoming worse and worse by the second. Finishing off the last of the weaker group he turned to assist Yuta and Itadori only to realize he had missed one daring curse that was now headed towards Yuta despite the presence of Rika still being around. 

Despite the burning in his throat he ran right in front of the curse and with a wobbly voice he said, "Stop." Shocked by the sudden voice behind him Yuta turns his head around just in time to see Inumaki fall to his knees blood threatening to spill from his lips. "Inumaki!" He cries out in worry. Seeing that Yuta was distracted by him, Inumaki turned back around to see Yuta distracted by him, he let out one last command to halt the movement of the other curse even if it was only mere seconds, "Don't move." Coughing up blood, his eyes got blurry and he knew he was close to passing out, he could see Yuta's worried face finishing off the weaker curse before fending off the stronger one. "Inumaki!" He could hear Itadori's voice filled with concern. He didn't know what brought him to sign the words he did, but he knew that he felt happy getting it off his chest, "Yuta. .'' a word with no cursed energy behind it, Yuta's eyes widened in shock, he didn't know Inumaki could still say his name, but he turned feeling that was not the end of what he was trying to say. He turned just in time to see his friend slowly sign, I love you. 

It's Always Been Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें